A home energy audit in Henderson sounds like a complicated financial transaction, but it’s really quite simple. A professional energy inspector comes to your home to look through the interior and exterior to figure out where energy is being lost, how much energy you use, and how you can save money and be more comfortable by being energy-efficient.
People often believe being energy efficient means making significant sacrifices, but that’s not true! From minor changes to bigger upgrades, a home energy audit helps you determine what you need to do to keep your home safe and comfortable while also saving money.
The skilled energy auditors at Ambient Edge have years of experience and the latest technology to detect and improve energy suckers in your home. Just call (702) 723-4704 to request an estimate or to schedule your energy audit.
Why a Home Energy Audit Is Important
Depending on the adjustments recommended in your energy audit report and how much energy you currently use, you could save up to 30% on your energy bills if you follow home energy audit recommendations. That usually adds up to several hundred, possibly even more than $1,000 per year, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
With the bulk of your energy bill focused on heating, cooling, and water heating, even small fixes such as sealing leaks and adding insulation can make a big difference, according to the EnergyStar program.
But that’s not the only focus of a home energy audit. Making your home more energy-efficient makes it more liveable and comfortable all year-round.
Call 888-628-5890 Today or Book Online for Heating and Cooling Service!
What to Expect During Your Home Energy Audit
Your Ambient Edge technician will talk with you about any concerns you have, any problem areas you’ve noticed, when the highest and lowest energy usage times in your home are, and will look over your past energy bills, if possible, to help establish patterns and spot issues.
He or she will check both the interior and exterior of your home and do several specialized tests, including a blower door test.
During the blower door test, the main entry door is sealed and a special fan lowers your home’s indoor air pressure. This allows your technician to more easily hunt down air leaks in your house.
Other items inspected during an energy audit include:
- Air leaks around electrical outlets
- Measurement of wall insulation
- How much insulation is in your attic and what type it is
- If there are air and water leaks in the attic
- Any wood-burning or gas fireplaces
- HVAC system (air conditioning, furnace) and water heater
- Door and window condensation or leaks
- Certain gas appliances (typically stoves or clothes dryers)
- Major electrical appliances
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 888-628-5890 to Schedule Service
Suggestions Given During a Home Energy Audit
Some of the steps commonly recommended during a professional energy audit include:
- Adding more or better insulation to areas such as attics where there are gaps, or the current insulation is insufficient
- Properly sealing doors, windows, and skylights to stop water and air leakage
- Using a programmable thermostat to automatically adjust your home’s temperature during most-used and least-used times
- When ready for new appliances, replace them with EnergyStar models to lessen energy usage without affecting appliance performance
- When ready for new light bulbs, replace them with energy-efficient models. They use less energy and last a lot longer
- Making sure you have the right-sized water heater and, when ready to replace it, using an energy-efficient model or going tankless for maximum efficiency
For homeowners planning to sell their homes in the next few years, an energy audit is an invaluable tool. Just a few simple, energy-efficient upgrades can make your home more attractive to buyers, command a higher purchase price, and help bypass any costly issues or delays during the home inspection process.
If you’re buying a new home, having a home energy audit done before signing the final paperwork ensures you are aware of any red flags, and can even ask the seller to make the upgrades before the final purchase.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Henderson NV and Las Vegas NV
We’ll Advise You on Your Next Steps After Your Audit
Once your detailed home energy report is compiled, we will share it with you. Together, we will talk about:
- Any next steps you’d like to take
- Safety issues or areas that should take priority
- Recommended projects, upgrades, or repairs
- Resources for energy-efficiency rebates
A home energy audit will pinpoint causes for your home energy problems, and your energy auditor will work with you to find solutions that work for your home, your lifestyle, and your budget. We can even help you determine which changes provide the biggest return on investment.
Got HVAC or AC Problems? Call 888-628-5890 or Schedule Service Online!
Call Now to Schedule Your Home Energy Audit
Fill out the form or call Ambient Edge at (702) 723-4704. One simple visit from our energy audit experts can help make your home safer, more energy-efficient, more comfortable, and save money.