The temperature inside your home should be comfortable year-round and your energy bills shouldn’t be skyrocketing when the seasons change. That’s where Ambient Edge comes in. One call to 888-628-5890 and our skilled, experienced technicians will schedule an insulation assessment and let you know if your home is adequately sealed and insulated or could use more energy-efficient protection.
For more than 15 years, Ambient Edge has been a leading insulation installation company in Kingman offering home insulation assessments as well as energy-efficient insulation choices to help you stay comfortable and save money on energy bills.
How Insulation Makes a Difference in Your Home
The majority of the houses in the Kingman area were built before 1999. Many have not had their sealing or insulation checked since they were built. Your home could have started its life with inadequate sealing and insulation or insulation may have matted down, moved, and created gaps over time.
Even in a desert climate, proper sealing and insulation makes a big difference.
- Your home stays consistently comfortable without having to crank up the heat or air conditioning.
- You save money on your energy bills. You can save up to 15% on your heating and cooling costs, according to the EnergyStar program.
- When your home is allowing in hot and cold air from the outdoors and leaking heated and cooled air from indoors out, your HVAC system is working a lot harder than it needs to and it’s not even benefiting you. A central air conditioner or furnace that is running constantly taxes the system and can shorten its life.
Insulation for All Seasons
While many homeowners think insulation is mostly for home comfort during the winter, insulation is equally vital for summer as well.
- When your roof heats up in the hot desert sun, it can heat up your entire home without proper sealing and insulation.
- When heat enters your home through the roof and through leaks and cracks throughout your home, it can turn your entire house, but particularly your attic, into a roasting oven. Without insulation to trap this heat, it spreads throughout your home, making temperatures uncomfortably hot and causing the air conditioner to turn on.
The first step is to ensure your home is properly sealed so air cannot enter or escape through holes, gaps, cracks, or leaks.
Your Ambient Edge technician may recommend using a radiant barrier on the inside of your roof in your attic to help reflect heat away from your home before it even needs to be absorbed by the insulation. While radiant barriers won’t work for every home, when they are appropriate for a space, they can save homeowners up to 10% on their heating and cooling costs.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in Kingman AZ? Call (928) 263-8698 to Schedule Service
The Correct Amount of the Right Type of Insulation
The final step is to determine if your existing insulation is in good condition, but needs new insulation added or if you need entirely new insulation.
In either case, you’ll want to speak with your technician about any recommendations they can make for the type of insulation that will work best for your needs and how much insulation you will require.
It is recommended that homes in Kingman, AZ have enough insulation to provide an R-Value of 30 to 60. The R-Value measures the resistance to heat of insulation. Insulation with higher R-Values generally provides greater comfort and protection than lower R-Values.
- The most cost-effective type of insulation tends to be fiberglass rolls (or batts). It is also, however, the insulation that tends to have the lowest R-Value – 10 to about 50, but only if you add more than a foot of it.
- Blown-in fiberglass generally has a slightly higher R-Value of up to 64. Fiberglass is made from spun or blown glass fibers or, sometimes, recycled glass.
- Mineral wool is made from industrial waste like molten glass or stone that is spun into “fibers.” There is glass wool insulation and stone wool insulation. Sometimes mineral wool batts are installed, but more often, the product is blown-in using professional equipment. Mineral wool insulation has an R-Value of approximately 10 to 60.
- Cellulose insulation is made from recycled paper or even cotton and denim. This type of insulation is only available to be blown-in, but it can also provide very effective insulation protection. The R-Value of cellulose insulation is 11 to about 55.
The correct amount of the right type of insulation will depend on a variety of factors including existing insulation, your home’s positioning in relation to the sun, where you need insulation, and your budget.
Energy efficiency is important to many homeowners. If you’re one of them, you can discuss eco-friendly insulation options with your Ambient Edge technician.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Kingman AZ
Schedule Your Insulation Installation for Your Kingman, AZ Home Today
Call Ambient Edge today at 888-628-5890 or fill out the online form to schedule your insulation assessment and installation today. We work tirelessly to provide five-star service and every service is covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We can answer any questions you have about sealing and insulating your home as well as let you know the specific insulation situation in your home.