When you live in and around the Las Vegas area, you are no stranger to air quality alerts. Air pollution has been associated with heart disease, lung disease, cancer, and even childhood brain development, according to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).
Polluted air comes in through windows, air leaks, and cracks. The inside of our homes are also vulnerable to pollution unique to indoors — cooking, cleaning, and humid conditions create chemical fumes, mold, mildew, and smoke that irritate our lungs and cause allergy and illness flare-ups.
It’s vital to connect with an indoor air quality inspection and testing company for your Las Vegas home. Ambient Edge uses the latest technology and has decades of experience they put to use when testing the air quality in your home. Then we give you a full run-down on how to improve indoor air quality for a healthier house. One call to (702) 723-4704 and we can be your breath of fresh air.
Why an Indoor Air Quality Inspection Is Important
If you are selling your home or buying a new home, an independently provided indoor air quality report may be required. If you didn’t have an indoor air quality inspection when you purchased your home, the time to have one is now. The safety and health of your family depend on it.
Here’s what you could be affecting your body every day:
- Rodent and insect droppings, often in places you can’t see
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that emanate from household chemicals, paint, carpet, air fresheners, and more
- If your home is older, you could have lead paint
- Asbestos is often in the floor tiles, insulation, and ceiling tiles of older homes and has been proven to cause cancer
- Small amounts of carbon monoxide indicate the potential for a dangerous leak
- Mildew and mold in moist or humid areas (such as bathrooms or leaky attics). A buildup of either or both makes lung disease and asthma symptoms worse, but can also cause nasty allergies
There are also other harmful particulates and pollutants in your home. If you’re concerned about what you could be breathing in, call Ambient Edge now at (702) 723-4704 to schedule your indoor air quality inspection. We can assist you with your HVAC maintenance or insulation installation in Las Vegas.
Items Commonly Found During an Air Quality Inspection
Every home is unique, so what your Ambient Edge technician finds in your home will vary. However, some of the things we are watching for include:
- VOCs (off-gassing from household chemicals, paints, cleansers, carpets, and more)
- Animal and pet dander, pollen, and dust
- Mold, mildew, and bacteria
Radon exposure is a leading cause of lung cancer, so its presence in your home is dangerous. Radon occurs naturally in the soil when uranium decays. Radon can be very unpredictable. Your neighbor may not have radon in your home, but you may. It seeps through cracks in your home’s foundation.
An air quality inspection and radon test are vital to helping protect your family. If radon is found, your Ambient Edge technician will explain how radon mitigation systems can help keep your home free from this radioactive gas.
What Happens After an Air Quality Inspection and Testing
For the most part, the tests conducted by your Ambient Edge technician will be sent to a lab for formal analysis. However, he or she may be able to provide you with several recommendations immediately after your indoor air quality inspection. After a few days, you will be provided with a formal, official air quality report.
Some of the recommendations we make may include:
- If asbestos is found safely intact, we will tell you how to properly maintain it. If asbestos is found to be airborne and unsafe, we will explain how to have it professionally mitigated.
- If harmful mold is found, we will share mold removal solutions.
- If lead-based paint is found, we will explain how to have it safely, professionally removed.
- Installation, upgrades, or maintenance of carbon monoxide detectors
- Possible air filtration or purification solutions
Knowledge Is Power
We understand that the air quality inspection and testing process can be scary and even a bit overwhelming. We believe that the more information you have about the potentially harmful pollutants in your home, the more empowered you’ll be. We can help you work to make your indoor air safer and cleaner.
Inspected and tested properties with cleaner indoor air solutions also have higher property values when it comes to selling your home.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Las Vegas NV
Schedule Your Indoor Air Quality Inspection Today
Don’t put off an indoor air quality inspection any longer. If you’re buying a new home or selling your current home, it may be required, so check with your real estate team and local regulations. If you plan on staying in your home, you can be proactive in keeping your family safe and healthier.
Fill out the form or call Ambient Edge at (702) 723-4704 to schedule a consultation or your indoor air quality inspection. Don’t wait another day to start living with cleaner indoor air.