Climate change has arrived in Nevada, and brutal summer temperatures are coming along with it. If you want to protect yourself and your family from the inevitable heat waves and record breaking temperatures, you’ll want to make sure your AC is in good working order.
If you noticed that your AC was struggling to cool your home last summer, installing a replacement should be your top priority. Finding the right AC for your home can be tricky, but Ambient Edge is here to help. Our residential air conditioning replacement team in Boulder City, NV, can help you find a unit that’s guaranteed to meet your home’s cooling needs.
Finding the Right Replacement Air Conditioning Unit for Your Home
Finding the right air conditioning unit size for your home is one of the most important parts of shopping for a replacement. A unit that’s too small for your space will work harder than necessary to maintain a comfortable temperature, resulting in a shortened lifespan.
You also want to avoid installing a unit that’s too powerful for your cooling needs. An AC that’s too big for your home will waste energy, drive up your utility bill, and make your home uncomfortably cold. To find the right AC size for your space, our residential air conditioning replacement team will take measurements of your home.
They’ll use those measurements to calculate exactly how much cooling power you need to stay safe this summer. Our technicians have extensive knowledge regarding all the air conditioning brands and models that are currently on the market, so you can be confident that they’ll leave no stone unturned when looking for your replacement AC.
Installing Replacement Air Conditioning Units in Boulder City
A poorly installed AC is no match for the summers in Boulder City. When you invest in a new air conditioning unit, having a highly-trained and certified technician handle the installation will maximize your unit’s efficiency and help you stay cool all summer long.
Our Boulder City residential air conditioning replacement team is the best choice for your replacement AC installation. They’re NATE-certified and required to participate in ongoing training to keep them up to date on proper installation techniques. They’ll make sure your unit is installed with precision and care so that you can get the most out of it.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 888-628-5890 to Schedule Service
How Much It Costs to Replace a Residential Air Conditioner
The cost of your replacement air conditioner will depend on which type of unit you purchase. The two main types of AC’s are window units and central air conditioning units. The average window unit can run between $150 and $400. However, installation will likely add another $150 to the total price tag.
If you opt for a central AC unit, you can expect to pay between $650 and $1,600 for the unit itself. Factoring in installation will put your final bill around the $820 to $1,880 range. Depending on your individual circumstances, there are several additional costs you might have to budget for, including:
- Permits. Depending on how extensive your air conditioning unit installation is, you might have to pay for a permit.
- Inspection. You might have to pay an inspector to determine if your replacement AC unit is compliant with building codes.
- Plumbing or electrical issues. You may run into some plumbing or electrical interferences when installing your new AC unit. If you do, you’ll need to hire a plumber or electrician to straighten things out before your installation.
- Asbestos and lead paint removal. Depending on the age of your home, you might need to have lead paint or asbestos removed so that our residential air conditioning replacement team can install your new unit safely.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Boulder City NV and Las Vegas NV
How to Keep Your Replacement Air Conditioning Unit in Good Condition
Installing a replacement air conditioning unit is a significant investment. To get as many years out of it as possible, you’ll want to keep it in good condition. Here’s what you can do to take care of your new AC unit:
- Clear the area surrounding your unit. Objects that obstruct your replacement unit’s airflow can cause it to overheat and malfunction. Make sure the space around your unit is clear to ensure optimal performance.
- Change filters. Changing and cleaning your filters on a regular basis can prevent a number of problems. A good rule of thumb is to clean your filters once a week and change them every 60 to 90 days of use. If you have pets, you might want to change them sooner rather than later.
- Stick to a temperature that works for you. Constantly changing your AC’s temperature setting can overwork it and reduce its lifespan. We recommend finding a temperature that’s comfortable for you and your family and sticking to it.
Signing up for preventative maintenance can also help you keep your replacement AC unit in good working order. If you’re interested in a preventative maintenance plan, let our residential air conditioning replacement team know. Depending on your needs, they’ll sign you up for an annual or bi-annual plan.
Our Residential Air Conditioning Replacement Team Is Proud to Serve Homeowners in Boulder City, NV
Our residential air conditioning replacement team takes a great deal of pride in the services they provide to homeowners in Boulder City. Our technicians always go above and beyond to ensure customers are satisfied, and we have the testimonials to prove it!
To see the praise we’ve received from our Boulder City air conditioning replacement customers, visit our satisfaction guarantee page. There, you’ll see the praise we’ve received from customers who love what we do. If you feel the same way about our services, or if you have a concern about our practices, we encourage you to leave a review.
Reach Out to Our Residential Air Conditioning Replacement Team in Boulder City, NV
Working with our residential air conditioning replacement team in Boulder City is the best way to make sure your home is prepared for the warm months ahead. Our NATE-certified technicians will help you find the right type and size of unit for your Boulder City home.
Once it’s installed, those brutal summer temperatures won’t stand a chance against your climate control capabilities. Contact Ambient Edge to get started on finding the perfect replacement air conditioner for you and your family.