Contaminated air in Boulder City, NV can negatively affect our health. Air pollution can contain exhaust particulates, carbon monoxide, ozone, and wildfire smoke that can cause cancer, asthma, and heart disease, among other conditions.
The indoor air quality inspectors at Ambient Edge utilize leading-edge equipment and have years of expertise they use to test your home’s air quality. And, once we know what’s in your air, we can provide comprehensive advice on how to improve it. Call today at (702) 723-4704 or fill out the form to request an estimate or schedule your appointment.
The Importance of an Indoor Air Quality Inspection
If you are buying a new home or selling your existing home, indoor air quality testing – particularly radon tests – is often a requirement. Even if you’ve been in your home for many years and you’re staying put, you can improve your health and safety by improving the air you breathe.
Some of the indoor air pollutants you could be breathing every day include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that off-gas from carpet, paint, air fresheners, and cleaning products. VOCs are often cited as a cause for headaches and lung irritation, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Cancer-causing asbestos, which is often present in floor tiles, ceiling tiles, and insulation in older homes
- Mold and mildew (both hidden and in plain sight) that can worsen asthma and lung disease symptoms, but also cause symptoms such as stuffy noses, headaches, and watery eyes that mimic other illnesses
- Carbon monoxide in small amounts. A carbon monoxide detector may not detect very low levels or small leaks, but with poor air circulation, a buildup of carbon monoxide can happen rapidly and quickly become dangerous.
- Lead paint in the trim and walls of older homes
- Pet dander, insect, and rodent droppings
Call Ambient Edge at (702) 723-4704 to schedule your quality inspection.
Call (928) 263-8698 Today or Book Online for Heating and Cooling Service!
What an Air Quality Inspection Might Find
Your Ambient Edge technician takes air samples from a variety of areas throughout your home. Some of the items we are looking for include:
- Bacteria, mildew, and mold growth
- Pollen, dust, pet, or other animal dander
- VOCs from carpets, smoking, chemicals, paints, and cleaning products
Radon is a naturally occurring gas that is expelled into the soil when uranium decays. Over time, small cracks form in your home’s foundation and radon can seep through those cracks.
Radon exposure is a top cause of lung cancer, but radon mitigation systems do a good job of keeping your home free from this damaging, radioactive gas. That’s why a professional air quality inspection is so important, as it can help protect your family against exposure to asbestos, radon, and other harmful particulates.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in Boulder City NV? Call (928) 263-8698 to Schedule Service
Common Recommendations After an Indoor Air Quality Inspection
Your Ambient Edge technician may be able to share information or make a few recommendations immediately following your indoor air quality inspection, but most of the tests we conduct need to be sent to a lab for analysis. It generally takes a few days to receive results and for us to make suggested improvements.
However, common recommendations include:
- Professional mold removal solutions, where necessary
- Proper maintenance or professional removal of any lead-based paint
- Proper maintenance or professional mitigation of any asbestos
- An air purifier or filtration solutions
- Carbon monoxide detector installation, upgrades, or maintenance
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Boulder City NV
Schedule Indoor Air Quality Inspection and Testing for Your Boulder City, NV Home Today
Whether you’re selling your home and purchasing a new one or planning to stay in your current home indefinitely, the time to have an indoor air quality inspection is now. Ambient Edge offers air duct cleaning in Boulder City, NV. Don’t let Nevada’s air quality alerts become a concern when you’re inside your home. Call the experienced specialists at Ambient Edge now at (702) 723-4704.