According to a 2021 Ponemon Institute downtime survey report, IT equipment failure is one of the leading causes of unplanned data center outages. Your business can’t afford downtime. Which is why temperature and humidity control in your data center is so crucial.
A Liebert unit can help prevent an outage due to high humidity or overheating better than most other precision cooling systems on the market. It also reduces the possibility of human error when it comes to your cooling system.
By utilizing Liebert Thermal Management products, you shield your data centers and IT spaces while decreasing utility and other operating costs.
What Is a Liebert Unit?
A Liebert Thermal Management Unit, also known as a Liebert Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) unit, is a highly efficient and scalable cooling system. It addresses the unique vulnerabilities of your company’s IT equipment that is always on and at a higher risk of overheating-related failure.
Liebert thermal systems were specifically designed for the mission-critical cooling needs of computer rooms, data centers, telecom, testing labs, server closets, and similar applications.
There are a number of Liebert cooling systems – each intended for a particular environment. But all of these highly energy-efficient cooling systems are innovative cooling solutions that are intelligent, self-optimizing, and can be deployed rapidly.
Types of Liebert Cooling Units
There are numerous types of Liebert cooling units, each with different functionality and styles. The Liebert Thermal Management product line includes:
- Chilled water (CW) cooling systems
- Refrigerant-based direct expansion (DX) cooling units
- Free-cooling chillers
- Data center chillers
- In-row systems
- Rack systems
- Evaporative cooling units
- Thermal control and monitoring
Your system choice will be based on your location, the size of your IT center, and your business goals. But whichever system you choose, you are guaranteed to have top-of-the-line cooling equipment that safeguards your vital IT infrastructure and reduces your energy costs.
For example, the Liebert DSE™ Free-cooling Economization 50-250kW is up to 75% more energy-efficient than legacy systems.
What Can a Liebert Cooling Unit Do for Your IT Infrastructure?
These innovative cooling systems can efficiently reduce the temperatures of your data management devices even if they are stored closely together in narrow spaces. Air is directed through these passages to absorb thermal energy from the IT equipment and funnel it away.
Regardless of the size and activity level in your data center, we can customize a Liebert cooling system to meet your needs:
- Large room cooling: Larger, high-density IT rooms can generate a lot of heat. Liebert units can provide both the precision and the power necessary to cool even the largest and most active data centers.
- Small room cooling: Liebert units are also effective at optimizing the conditions in smaller spaces while letting you retain control over their operation. We install humidity and temperature controls right where you want them, accessible in even the tightest of spaces.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in
Liebert Cooling System Features
Liebert cooling units are manufactured by Vertiv Brands (formerly Emerson Network Power). Decades of experience and innovation have made Liebert the commercial HVAC industry leader in cooling systems designed for data centers and other high heat environments.
Some of their top features include:
- Humidity control for sensitive communications and IT equipment
Precision cooling for tightly packed equipment
- Air economizers
- Liebert iCOM Cooling Unit Controls
- Redundancy compressors, blowers, and motors
- The capability to install in various configurations (ceiling mount, floor mount, rack mount)
You can choose and customize your system. Your Liebert air conditioner unit operates on water, air, or refrigerant, depending on your requirements and budget. Its motors and fans meet or exceed meet all the latest ASHRAE standards, and you regulate how much cooling air flows through your equipment for peak performance.
Liebert Units Are Built for Reliability
Engineering excellence goes into every Liebert unit. For example:
- They are manufactured with only the highest quality components for proven reliability and performance.
- They have a prolonged service life due to microprocessor technology that supplies automated component sequencing.
- Units perform self-diagnostics and have an alarm system, which provides rapid troubleshooting. This helps to avert issues before they can affect the electronic equipment room environment.
- Air delivery systems are designed for optimized air distribution and long service life.
Pair Your Liebert Cooling System with a Liebert UPS
There’s always the chance your data center or IT environment could lose power. Unfortunately, even a backup generator is not fast enough to prevent some losses. With a Liebert UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), you get an integrated system that will provide emergency backup power for your IT infrastructure now and in the future.
Get a Quote on Liebert Cooling and Power Systems
Liebert cooling and power systems can protect your critical systems and IT environment. So, whether you want top-of-the-line systems in new construction or you’re looking to retrofit your current system, Ambient Edge can help.
After a thorough load analysis and review of your cooling capacity needs, we’ll assist you in choosing the system components that will best serve your business. And our job isn’t done after installation.