In general, changing the filter on your furnace should occur once every few months. Many believe that replacing your furnace filter should happen at least once a year, but typically, it’s recommended to do so more frequently.
Because your furnace heats your whole home and helps to maintain a comfortable temperature within your interior space, it’s important to keep track of it. However, there are various things to consider when it comes time to replace your furnace filter. The factors that affect how often you should change this filter will be explained in detail below.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Furnace’s Filter
Many people seem to forget that your home’s HVAC unit is very important to the interior comfort of your home. With that being said, it’s important to replace your home’s furnace filter, for various reasons. Replacing your furnaces filter will vary based on a few factors.
These factors include:
- How many people are currently living in your home: The number of people in your home will affect the replacement of your furnaces filter. The more people, the more contaminants your filter will hold.
- Do you have pets in your home?: If so, then you will need to replace your filter more frequently. Your pet’s hair is likely to go through the HVAC system and possibly reduce your filter’s lifespan.
- The quality of your indoor air: When you start to experience a decrease in air quality in your home, it may be a sign to replace your filters. However, if your home has air purifiers or indoor air quality equipment, these will catch contaminants before your furnace does. In turn, you won’t need to replace your furnace filter as often as recommended.
- The usage of your home’s heating system: When your home’s furnace runs nonstop, year around, you will need to replace your filter more frequently. This is due to the fact that when your furnace is running it’s picking up contaminants and can become clogged.
Benefits of Changing Your Furnace Filter
The benefits of replacing your furnace’s filter go hand in hand with some of the information above. There are various benefits associated with frequently changing your furnace filter. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved allergies: If you are someone that suffers from regular or seasonal allergies then changing your air filter is highly beneficial. When you have a clean filter installed, the allergens that usually cause discomfort will be stopped by the clean filter.
- Increased furnace lifespan: As with anything in the home, the more care that’s given, the longer things will last. The same goes for your home’s furnace, meaning that if you look after it, it will last longer.
- Saved money in the long run: Similar to the benefit above, the more care you put into your furnace, the less common repairs or a total replacement will be in the future. When you look after your home’s furnace and frequently replace filters, then not only will your system last longer, but it will be less likely to need repairs.
Why Trust Us to Replace Your Furnace’s Filter?
It’s incredibly rare for homeowners to know how to replace their home’s furnace filter, or have the knowledge of HVAC units. This is why it’s important to speak with professionals to ensure the best use of your money and time.
Our team of professionals has the skills and tools to check your home’s furnace and replace its filter. We offer you a more improved system and loads more efficiency from your furnace with a simple filter replacement. From the start of the project to the end of the project, you can rest assured that your furnace will be taken care of.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Las Vegas NV
Speak With Our Professional Team About Changing Your Furnace Filter
When it comes to changing your furnace filters, it pays to have professionals take care of it. This is why Ambient Edge is the recommended service provider for all your furnace needs. We offer around-the-clock services, so if you need us, we will be there.
For more information about furnace maintenance, or filter replacement, contact us at your earliest convenience. We are always here to support and assist you with any questions you may have.