Your heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system is one of your most significant home maintenance investments. Therefore, it pays to be proactive in its care and upkeep by getting it inspected or “tuned-up” every year. Consistent inspections improve your equipment’s efficiency and alert you to easy-to-fix problems.
When you schedule your inspection with Ambient Edge, you’ll receive a comprehensive visual examination and system check to ensure your HVAC system is working correctly. Then, we’ll either fix the issue or give you our recommendation for additional repairs or replacement if it’s not.
How Often Do I Need an HVAC Inspection?
Most HVAC systems include two components that work together to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home: a furnace and an air conditioner. These two appliances share a network of vents to deliver your climate-controlled air. However, they’re distinct pieces of machinery that have unique maintenance needs.
For optimal performance, have your HVAC serviced twice a year:
- In the fall: Get your furnace inspected in the fall to be ready for that first cold snap.
- In the spring: Have your AC tuned up in the spring before the sweltering summer temperatures hit.
If your furnace or AC is still under warranty, check your documents for specific maintenance requirements. Manufacturers know that inspections are the best way to extend the life of their equipment. For this reason, they often stipulate that you must service the unit annually to prevent voiding your warranty.
What Is Included in an HVAC Inspection?
When our technicians arrive for your annual inspection, you can expect prompt and courteous service. We will first talk to you about your system and how well it’s been working. We may also ask about your recent utility bills since a sudden spike in energy costs can signal a hidden problem.
The following steps will vary depending on whether we’re checking your furnace or your AC, the energy source your unit uses, and whether you’re experiencing issues. For example, during your HVAC inspection, we may:
- Check and change your air filter.
- Visually inspect your ductwork and other equipment
- Confirm proper installation and venting
- Test the airflow and pressure of your system to check for leaks and clogs
- Seal minor leaks
- Test your electrical component voltage and connections
- Tighten electrical connections if they are loose
- Lubricate your equipment’s moving parts
- Calibrate your thermostat
- Check and clean your condenser unit
- Clean your condensate drain and evaporator coil
- Test built-in power surge and overheating safety controls
- Check your refrigerant charge level
- Test your pump or blower motor
An HVAC inspection typically takes around an hour or less from start to finish. However, if your system has not been tuned up in a while or needs extra cleaning or a refrigerant recharge, your appointment may last longer than an hour.
How Should I Prepare for My HVAC Inspection?
To prepare for your scheduled HVAC inspection, be sure that you are home during the provided time window. Your Ambient Edge technician will need you there to give access to your home and point out concerns you’re having with the system.
Additionally, there are a few steps you can take even before our arrival to ensure the appointment runs as smoothly as possible:
- Create a clear pathway to vents, filters, and other HVAC components. To effectively inspect your system and change your HVAC filter, we will need access to these areas.
- Clear debris from the outside of your unit. Even when you don’t have an inspection scheduled, it is a good idea to sweep off any cobwebs or dirt that build up, especially on the vents or fans. This will keep your HVAC system running efficiently and help you avoid premature breakdowns in the future.
- Secure your pets. To ensure that your dogs, cats, or other pets do not get underfoot and risk potential injury, have a plan to contain them in a crate or another room during your appointment.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Las Vegas NV
What Happens After My HVAC Inspection?
After your inspection is complete, your technician will report on the health of your system and the results of the tests and safety checks. While we can seal small leaks and take care of minor maintenance issues on the spot, we may also recommend more extensive services down the road.
Our recommendations will identify those areas where a more thorough cleaning or repair may potentially improve unit efficiency and prolong its lifespan. If you have an older system, we may also help you decide whether it is time to replace your unit or continue repairing it.
Schedule Your HVAC Inspection Today
Routine HVAC inspections from Ambient Edge are the best way to protect your system against unexpected breakdowns and a gradual loss of efficiency. Keep your furnace and AC running strong with our heating and cooling preventative maintenance plan. Benefits include:
- Two service visits per year
- Same-day scheduling
- A discount of 15% off parts and labor
- A 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- A one-year repair warranty
To schedule your HVAC inspection or service for any of your heating and cooling needs, contact Ambient Edge today!