Losing AC is never fun. Losing it in the middle of a Lake Havasu summer is downright unpleasant. At Ambient Edge, we have one goal: to take your bad day and turn it around—fast. We are your top rated local 24-hour AC emergency company serving the entire Lake Havasu area.
Here’s what we offer:
- Fast 24/7 service
- Highly trained, NATE-certified technicians
- Flat-rate estimates with NO hidden fees
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Get an AC repair company you can trust. Call Ambient Edge at 928-263-8698 or fill out the form to the right and get your emergency repair right away.
What should I expect from a 24-Hour emergency AC repair team?
At Ambient Edge, our 24-hour service includes comprehensive live assistance and fast, reliable repairs. Here’s how it works:
Call us anytime. You can always connect with a knowledgeable, live team member who can answer your questions and help you figure out your options. This is available 24/7 .
We can get an expert to your home FAST. Our on-call teams are ready to scramble at a moment’s notice and can arrive in a few hours or less. Often, the entire job can be completed before another company would even be able to arrive.
- You get high quality and great service no matter what time it is. All of our technicians are NATE-certified and highly trained, all of them deliver friendly 5-star service, and every job comes backed with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
The bottom line is simple: we make it easy for you to get your repair done no matter when it happens.
How do I know if I need an emergency repair?
It really depends on how severe your AC problem is and how quickly you want it working again. Most of the time, if you have an AC problem you should turn off your air conditioning until it can be repaired. This is for two reasons:
- It protects the AC unit itself. Most air conditioner problems will get worse if you keep running the unit, potentially going from a minor and fairly inexpensive fix to a much bigger issue. By leaving the AC unit off, you keep the repair cost as low as possible.
- It protects you. Although rare, there are a few AC problems that can be dangerous. For example, if the pressure is getting too high in a faulty or overworked compressor, it’s very risky to leave the unit operating. Shutting it off is safer for you, your neighbors and your family.
Obviously, turning off AC is uncomfortable. In fact, in Lake Havasu it can be downright unlivable. Facing the full summer heat can mean sleepless nights, uncomfortable days, and health concerns for children and elderly loved ones. So our suggestion is simple:
If you can’t afford to go a day without AC, treat your problem as an emergency.
At Ambient Edge, we’re happy to help you decide if it’s an emergency or not. Call us any time, day or night, and you can connect with a live staff person who can talk through your AC symptoms with you. We may be able to offer troubleshooting suggestions, and we can help you decide if it’s an emergency or not.
Is there any chance I can repair my AC emergency myself?
In some cases, yes. It just depends on what’s happening. The most common AC emergency call we get happens when AC has shut off entirely or won’t come on. When this happens, there is a set of steps you can try yourself. They are:
- Check the settings. You’d be surprised at how often an AC failure turns out to be a simple case of the AC actually being turned off. Go to your thermostat make sure it is set to “cool” or “AC.” Turn the temperature down low, and activate the fan setting if needed. If the settings were simply off, this might get AC blowing in no time.
- Batteries? If the thermostat display doesn’t even work, it may be the batteries. The same is true if the display is weak and the buttons are non-responsive. Go ahead and try changing the batteries and see if it suddenly starts working.
- Is the power on? Sometimes the AC won’t come on because it has no power. This usually means that a circuit breaker has been thrown. Check your circuit box and make sure the switch for the outdoor AC unit is active. Be aware that central AC also has a separate unit, the blower, which may be located on a different circuit—check both. (If the circuit was off because someone turned it off, this is no big deal. But if it appears to have tripped on its own, you may still want to call a professional—and you definitely should if it happens again. This can be a sign of a serious electrical problem.)
If AC works but has simply gotten weaker or not as cold as you’d like, you can also try changing the air filter. Air filters cost only a few dollars and should be changed every few months in most cases
If none of these steps make a difference, it likely means that some part of your AC needs to be replaced. This isn’t necessarily an expensive repair, but it should always be done by a professional. Do not open the AC unit yourself without professional training.
Get Your Emergency AC Repair Today
Losing AC is a drag. We’re here to fix it for you. Get a fast repair you can count on—and a 100% guarantee on every job. Call us at 928-263-8698 or fill out the form to your right and speak with our on-call team today.