Did you know that 47% of your home energy costs go to AC and heat? That’s nearly half of your monthly energy bill—and much of it may be getting wasted. Homeowners across the Lake Havasu area routinely see energy losses from leaking air ducts, insulation “gaps,” overworked HVAC systems and dozens of other causes. You shouldn’t be paying to heat and cool your neighborhood. If you want to start saving money on energy, start the smart way—with a home energy audit.
Ambient Edge can help. We provide comprehensive home energy audits in Lake Havasu with clear, easy-to-understand recommendations. Our highly trained professionals come to your home and give you a complete analysis of the biggest energy-wasters—often from sources you didn’t even know about. And we help you identify the most cost-effective ways to slash your bills. At Ambient Edge, we have been doing home energy audits in the Lake Havasu area for over 15 years, and we would love to start saving money for your family too.
If you are considering making energy efficient upgrades to your home, get advice you can trust. Every home energy audit from Ambient Edge comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Call us at 928-263-8698 or fill out the form to the right to talk to an expert about your home energy audit today.
What does a home energy audit do?
Most homes are literally leaking heat and AC because of inefficiencies. An energy audit examines your home, its insulation, and its biggest energy-users to determine the sources of these inefficiencies. Many people have no idea that they have poor insulation or that their windows are not sealing properly, but problems like these can be very costly. In fact, they could be costing you hundreds of dollars every year.
As part of Ambient Edge’s in-home energy analysis, a trained member of our team will do a room-by-room inspection of your home. We examine things like:
- Mechanical systems
- Attic and wall insulation
- Air leakage
- Energy usage throughout your typical day
We look for problem areas and develop recommendtions on how you can address those problems. As part of that analysis, we also calculate your energy usage now and provide an estimate of the cost savings you could experience if you take specific actions to encourage energy efficiency in your home. That way, you can compare how much a fix will cost with how much money it could save you over time.
At the end of our inspection, we provide a report that presents all of our findings. It also includes cost estimates and other information you need to make an informed decision about potential upgrades or repairs for your home. We even provide information about possible rebates and incentives that you might qualify for to save you even more money. Our goal is simple: make it easy for you to save money.
What uses the most energy in my home?
Your heating and cooling system uses the most energy in your house by far. But, there are many, many other appliances and equipment that use a great deal of energy as well. The top “energy-suckers” in your home will likely include:
- Digital cable boxes or Satellite DVRs
- Computers, especially laptops
- Printer, particularly ink-jet and multi-use printers
- Water heaters
- DVD players and VCRs
- Routers and modems
- Gaming consoles
Because your heating and cooling system uses the most energy, they are a huge focus in Ambient Edge’s home energy audit. As part of our audit, we will inspect your systems to determine if your equipment could be adjusted or set in a way that can decrease your energy use. In some situations, a simple change like programming your thermostat can make a huge difference. In other homes, simple changes to your duct system or patching insulation “bald spots” might give you the biggest return.
Preparing for a Home Energy Audit
You might want to do some light preparation of your home to get the most out of your home energy audit. Here are easy steps to prepare for your audit:
- Be sure that all of your windows and doors are closed and latched. We want to test for air leakage when the windows and doors are closed as tightly as possible. Pull back curtains or pull up the blinds so we can have clear access to the test the windows.
- Clear areas around attic access locations and crawl spaces. We will want to inspect these locations to ensure that they are properly insulated.
- Check that there’s space to access combustion appliances. We will closely examine the settings on things like furnaces, boilers, hot water heaters, and propane tanks.
- Make a list of any questions you want to ask. We provide an in-depth overview of your energy usage, but we’re happy to answer questions or look at specific trouble spots. This is your time to get the info you need.
- Relax. Our professional will walk you through everything. We make the entire process as convenient and intuitive as possible.
If possible, it can also help to have at least a year’s worth of utility bills or energy use information. Your energy company will often have a 12-month summary on your monthly bill, so you don’t have to keep each individual invoice.
Schedule Your Home Energy Audit Today—And Start Saving Money!
We provide you with ALL of the information you need to make an informed decision about potential energy upgrades in your home. Give us a call and let us show you how we can help. Call us at 928-263-8698 or fill out the form to your right and speak with one of our experts today.