Commercial walk-in freezers are built to last, but even a minor issue can have significant consequences. For example, your freezer could be working harder than it needs to be, or it could be experiencing temperature fluctuations that slow productivity, both of which can cause a spike in your monthly utility bills.
Additionally, because walk-ins often contain thousands of dollars worth of product, any sudden temperature change or loss of power can be devastating to your business. When an issue develops, you need a quick and effective walk-in freezer repair company in North LV to keep your business running smoothly. You need Ambient Edge.
What Are Typical Commercial Walk-In Freezer Repair Issues?
A walk-in freezer is a complex piece of equipment, and its parts need to work in unison to control the temperature inside efficiently and reliably. During a chaotic day at your restaurant business, the last thing you want to worry about is your walk-in freezer breaking down.
Some issues may be tricky to spot; however, ice buildup may signify more severe problems down the road. Yet, you can manage most issues with regular maintenance. Here are a few of the more common issues you may encounter with a commercial walk-in freezer:
- Compressor, condenser, or evaporator failure: These refrigeration components work hand in hand to keep your food properly chilled. If any of them fail, the system wastes energy, becomes overworked, and eventually breaks down.
- Icing issues: Ice can build up on the evaporator coil if water begins to pool in your freezer. Consistent commercial freezer maintenance will keep the evaporator ice-free, allowing the condenser to sufficiently release heat, and maintain a smooth-running compressor.
- Issues with the freezer door: Door seals on your walk-in freezer are vital to preserving chilled air inside your unit. If they fail, condensation can form, which causes wet floors and mold growth. A commercial repair company can fix this issue by sealing seams with mold-resistant silicone caulk.
How Much Does Commercial Refrigeration Repair Cost in North Las Vegas?
Repairs for commercial walk-in freezers in North Las Vegas are usually billed by the hour, though some companies charge a flat rate. Refrigeration repairs average about $100 to more than $325 nationally, though prices can reach $500 or more depending on several variables, including:
- How many hours it takes to complete the job
- The number of technicians required to complete the work
- If it was an after-hours emergency
- The complexity of the task
- Where the unit is located
- Age of the walk-in freezer
- The parts that are needed for the repair
Keep in mind that the company quoting the lowest rate may not be the best company for you. Some businesses offer lowball hourly rates but tack on additional fees to finish the work. Be sure to get an itemized cost estimate so that there are no surprises when the work begins.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in North Las Vegas NV? Call (928) 263-8698 to Schedule Service
Five Steps to Avoid Costly Repairs
Preventive maintenance plans can help you avoid costly future repairs and keep your equipment running at peak performance, saving you money on energy bills. Additionally, you can take some simple steps to make sure you get the most out of your walk-in freezer.
Here are five easy maintenance steps to save on repairs:
- Close the freezer door when not in use: Keeping the freezer door open for an extended time can allow cold air to escape, raising the temperature in the freezer and forcing it to work harder to maintain the set temperature.
- Keep the freezer’s top clear: Piling objects on top of your walk-in freezer can put added pressure on the ceiling panels. This can lead to damage and leaks that cause the freezer to work harder than it needs to, costing you money on energy bills and expensive repairs.
- Turn off the lights when exiting: When lights are kept on for extended periods, they produce heat that forces your freezer to work harder to maintain its set temperature.
- Clean and wipe down your door gaskets: If they are not cleaned, they can develop mold or bacterial growth. Dirty gaskets can also prevent a door from closing properly, leaking cold air and making the freezer work harder than it needs to.
- Set the temperature as low as needed, but not too low: Although you need to be sure you are storing food safely, setting the freezer’s temperature lower than necessary will overwork the compressor. This puts excess strain on its components, causing them to degrade faster, turning minor problems into more significant issues.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in North Las Vegas NV
Our Emergency Services Minimize Downtime
Not every freezer issue is an emergency. But because walk-in freezers hold hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of product, it’s never a bad idea to get expert advice whenever your freezer acts unusually.
At Ambient Edge, we know freezer issues can happen when you least expect them. That’s why we don’t limit our expert freezer repair services to regular business hours.
We save you time and money with:
- Our 24/7 over-the-phone assistance is always available to answer the most challenging freezer questions. When you call our live assistance line, we’ll connect you with one of our walk-in freezer repair experts. They know what questions to ask to identify any freezer issue. Then, once they’ve diagnosed the problem, they’ll offer you the most effective and affordable solutions so that you can make the best decision for your business.
- Our 24/7 emergency service calls save you the worry when an emergency strikes. We arrive fast and always intend to complete repairs before your product is affected.
- Our on-call expert technicians are all NATE-certified and highly experienced. That means they know what to look for to identify the source of any freezer-related problem. And because they keep the most necessary parts on hand, they can often complete all repairs within one brief service call.
- Our focus is on your bottom line. We believe excellent repair service shouldn’t be limited to business hours. That’s why we offer our fast and effective freezer repair services 24/7, 365 days of the year. Our technicians are all industry experts, so you can always be confident you’re getting our best work. And with our upfront estimates, you’ll never be surprised by hidden fees.
What Can I Expect From a North Las Vegas Freezer Repair Maintenance Call?
The primary goal of our North Las Vegas commercial walk-in freezer repair techs is to save our customers time and money. That’s why we offer affordable maintenance plans to prevent the need for expensive repairs and extend the life of your freezer unit.
Routine maintenance calls help to identify issues early, lowering your long-term costs on energy and repairs. During our maintenance calls we:
- Test temperature and pressure controls
- Recalibrate fans, blower motors, and defrost controls
- Test electrical connections
- Clean coils and lubricate bearings
- Check refrigerant charge
- Add refrigerant as needed
Get Access to 15+ Years of Commercial Repair Excellence
Commercial walk-in freezer repair requires a high degree of training and experience. Technicians must have a comprehensive knowledge of the refrigeration cycle, high-voltage networks, airflow dynamics, and the strict specifications for temperature fluctuations and environmental controls required by state and local safety codes and ordinances.
At Ambient Edge, we have over 15 years of top-rated commercial refrigeration service under our belt. In that time, we have worked with companies and organizations throughout the foodservice industry, including:
- Restaurants and bars
- Retail chains and small businesses
- Food storage
- Hospitals and elder care
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Corporate cafeterias
Our technicians are industry experts who know your equipment inside and out. Thanks to their years of experience working with all types of commercial refrigeration and freezer units, they can quickly identify and fix any freezer issue — often within one brief service call.
Talk to Our North Las Vegas Walk-In Freezer Experts Today
You have enough to worry about without focusing on freezer repairs. Ambient Edge is your premier source for the highest-quality commercial walk-in freezer repairs and services in North Las Vegas.
Our expert technicians are focused on saving you time and money so that you can focus on keeping your business running smoothly. Call Ambient Edge or contact us by filling out our online form to talk to a walk-in freezer repair expert today.