Your air conditioning system's refrigerant may soon be obsolete.
Important Information Regarding the R-22 PHASE OUT
Is your air conditioning unit affected?
- The cost to maintain your system will continue to increase.
- You may have to rely solely on recycled or reclaimed R-22 after 2020.
Schedule a FREE in-home evaluation to learn more about your options.Schedule Now
Due to the number of homes affected by this phase out, we recommend you start early evaluating your options and to consider replacing your unit to meet the EPA standards. As the phase out progresses, the cost of a recharge of R22 will significantly increase over the next 2 years. New refrigerant will not be produced after 2019 and the cost of a recharge is expected to skyrocket even further.
Schedule a FREE in-home evaluation to learn more and go over your options.Schedule Now
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), through Clean Air Act Regulations is phasing out the production and import of the ozone-depleting substance R-22 Refrigerant that is common in air conditioning systems manufactured before January 2010.
- For units that were made prior to 2010, by 2020, R-22 will be completely phased out and homeowners will need to rely solely on recycled or reclaimed R-22 refrigerant to service their unit.
- Over the next few years, the cost of R22 refrigerant will continue to rise during the phase-out period increasing the cost of upkeep on units that are still using this class II substance.
- After phasing out, it will become extremely costly and more difficult to maintain your air conditioning system.
- If your unit was manufactured after 2010, your system should not be affected by this change. But for units that were made prior to 2010, you will need to replace your system by 2020 to avoid the high service costs that will be associated with R-22 units.
No, but cost of recharge will continue to rise and we do recommend evaluating options early.
Ambient Edge is here to help you ensure compliance with the EPA standards and can provide you with a free-no obligation evaluation and estimate for a new system. Plus, we can provide you with up to $500 off select systems, and 0% Financing for up to 60 months*.
SATISFACTION MATTERS | We’re supremely confident that our service and product quality will surpass what you expect, and that’s reflected in how our service contracts are written. We put our 100% satisfaction guarantee right there for everyone to see!
Any heating and cooling company can promise great results, but what sets use apart is consistency. At Ambient Edge, we offer superior quality and service you can count on.
Call our PRIORITY SCHEDULING LINE at 888-628-5890 to schedule your free in-home evaluation and to learn more about the R-22 Phase Out.
CALL NOW! 888-628-5890
"Hello! I know that the comfort of your home rests in the quality and efficiency of your home heating and cooling system. That is why at Ambient Edge, you will get quality service from industry trained technicians, I guarantee it."