It’s hard to find good help these days. We have all heard home and business owners horror stories about bad craftsmanship from contractors who made big promises but didn’t deliver. That’s why services online reviews are so popular; people need help finding repair services that they can trust.
We’ve pulled together some of our best tips for finding a good HVAC contractor, these tips will help you figure out who you can put your trust in – and give your money to.
Honesty is Still the Best Policy
Here are 10 great questions to ask your HVAC contractor:
1. How many years have they been in the market?
2. How are their technicians trained?
3. Are they NATE-certified?
4. Are they trained in the type of furnace you have or want to buy?
5. Can they provide you with references?
6. What warranties come with your work?
7. Which manufacturer do they use – and why?
8. What is – and isn’t – included in the quote?
9. How quickly can the service or installation occur?
10. Are they licensed, bonded, and insured?
Unscrupulous contractors give all HVAC companies a bad name. Finding someone you trust is important, so check the company out on social media, along with the BBB. It’s important to establish these relationships before your equipment breaks down – which is another great reason to conduct routine inspections on your HVAC units. The last thing you want is to be at the mercy of a strange company when your machine is broken
The bottom line in working with an HVAC contractor or any maintenance company is that you want to ensure that they will do good work and leave your home in better shape than when they walked in your door.