Our summers may be hot in North Las Vegas, but when winter comes it brings with it cold desert evenings. On cold winter nights, a broken heater isn’t just an inconvenience. With temperatures occasionally reaching below zero, loss of heat can cause even bigger problems with your home. And if you have infant or elderly members of your household, or even small pets, even a temporary loss of heat can put their wellbeing at risk. At Ambient Edge, we want to take the hassle out of heating. Our highly-trained and experienced technicians are here to take care of all your heating repair and maintenance needs whenever you need them.
These are the services we provide:
- Heater and furnace repair
- Affordable heater and furnace maintenance plans
- 24/7 emergency assistance and repairs
- Flat-rate estimates with no hidden fees
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Ambient Edge is your local 24-hour heating and furnace repair company in North Las Vegas. We see NATE-certification as just the beginning, which is why our technicians aren’t just highly experienced–they’re also fast, effective, and dedicated to taking the worry out of heating. And because we have 15 years of experience in heating repair, we are happy to back all our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button and get 5-star service you can count on.
5 Signs Your Heater Needs Repair
Not every issue requires professional repair, but there are some easy-to-spot signs that you need professional help with your heater or furnace. In our 15 years of experience, these are the most common signs we’ve noticed:
- Loud or high-pitched noises. Modern heaters are designed to run with minimal sound, so anytime your heater makes an unusually loud or strange sound it’s a good sign it needs repairs. Loud bangs can be caused by faulty pilot lights or expanding air ducts, while clanking or scrapping can be a sign your heater’s blower fan is loose or broken.
- Gas smell. If you ever smell natural gas, immediately call your gas provider or fire department. If possible, turn of the gas to your home until it can be inspected.
- Water leaking around the heater. If water is pooling around your heater or furnace, it could be a sign of a leak in the condensate line. The condensate line drains condensation away from the furnace. Repairs to the condensate line require thorough heating and plumbing experience and call for professional assistance.
- Utility bills spike. If your utility bills are higher than usual, it may be because your heater is working harder than it needs to warm your home. This can be a sign that your heater needs a tune-up or repairs.
- Short cycling. If your furnace is working continually, or turning on more frequently than usual, it may be suffering from what is called short cycling. Short cycling can be caused by several issues from overheating or too large a furnace to thermostat problems or improper air circulation.
If you notice anything different or unusual about the way your furnace is running, it’s never a bad idea to get professional advice. That’s why we offer all our customers 24/7 live, over-the-phone assistance. Our experienced heating repair experts are on the line to help you identify any issues your heater is experiencing and offer the best, most affordable solutions.
Can I repair my heater myself?
In some cases, yes. Experienced and dedicated DIY homeowners can sometimes save money by completing repairs themselves. But because heaters are intricate systems with many interconnected parts, missing even a small issue can cause bigger problems down the line. These big problems can end up costing you more in energy bills or ongoing repairs than the heater is worth–or significantly reduce the lifespan of your heater or furnace.
Luckily, there are some safe and simple fixes that any homeowner can do:
- Check the thermostat. It seems simple, but many heating issues can be fixed by adjusting the thermostat. Make sure your thermostat has fresh batteries or is receiving power. Check the temperature and time settings, and make sure the timer is set according to your needs. Finally, try setting the temperature a little higher to see if the furnace turns on.
- Replace air filters. Clogged air filters block airflow, which can prevent hot or cold air from moving through your house effectively. Changing your air filters every 3-6 months can help prevent poor airflow and keep your heater running efficiently.
- Clear air vents. Sometimes air vents get blocked by furniture or objects, blocking hot air from moving through your home efficiently. Make sure your air vents are clear of any furniture or objects.
- Check for gas problems or leaks. If your heater isn’t turning on, or turns off every 15 minutes or so, there may be a problem with your pilot light. Since many pilot light issues are caused by clogged pipes or faulty electrical components, the best thing you can do is call a professional. If you ever smell natural gas, call your gas provider or fire department immediately.
While many heating issues can be solved by these simple fixes, sometimes heating problems are too complicated for one simple fix. At Ambient Edge, our main goal is to save you time and money. That’s why we are happy to provide the knowledge and assistance you need to make the best choice for your household. Our experienced heating repair experts are always on the line to provide the answers to any heating questions whenever you need them.
How fast can you fix my heater in an emergency?
FAST! Really fast. There’s never a good time for a heater to break down, but sometimes a loss of heat is more than an inconvenience. On a cold, below zero night in January, it can be an urgent problem. At Ambient Edge, we believe no one deserves to wait in the cold. That’s why we don’t just offer our repair services during regular business hours. Our staff of knowledgeable and experienced heating repair experts are on call to answer your questions and complete repairs any hour of the day, any day of the week. And because we’re locally based, we can often get to you and complete repairs before the competition can arrive.
How can we get to you so fast?
- We’re local. We’re close by, and we know the area. And because we’re based in Las Vegas, with fully staffed and stocked branch offices in the surrounding area, we’re ready to rush to your side at a moment’s notice.
- We’re on call. Most heating repair companies don’t have the resources to keep a staff of fully trained technicians. But at Ambient Edge, we never keep a skeleton crew and we never use late-night service calls for training. Our team of emergency technicians are fully trained and NATE-certified, so you can rest easy knowing you’re always getting us at our best.
- We’ve seen it all. All our heating repair technicians are seasoned industry experts. That means they’ve seen and worked with most of the heaters and furnaces on the market. They have the experience and knowledge to diagnose heating problems quickly. And because they arrive equipped with a full stock of parts and supplies, our technicians can often complete repairs within one short service call.
If you’re not sure your heating problem is an emergency, call us anyway. Our heating repair experts know the right questions to ask to identify your heating issues and find the most affordable and effective solutions. Don’t wait in the cold until morning. Call Ambient Edge for the 24/7 emergency heating service you need in a pinch.
Talk to a North Las Vegas Heater and Furnace Repair Expert
Don’t wait until morning to escape the cold. Get the emergency repairs you need for a cozy night’s sleep without the wait. Call 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to talk to one of our emergency heating repair experts today.