Our summers may be hot in the Vegas Valley, but the winter months bring us frigid desert evenings. On those cold winter nights, a broken heater isn’t just an inconvenience. With temperatures occasionally reaching below freezing, loss of heat can potentially cause more severe problems with your home and health.
If you have a newborn, elderly, or sick household member, even a temporary loss of heat might put their wellbeing at risk. Ambient Edge is a North LV heating and furnace repair company that takes the hassle out of heating. Our highly trained and experienced technicians are ready to care for all your heating and furnace repair needs.
Five Signs Your Heater Needs a Repair Technician
Not every issue requires professional repair, but there are some easy-to-spot signs that you need professional help with your heater or furnace. In our 15 years of experience, these are the most common signs we’ve noticed:
- Loud or high-pitched noises: Modern heaters are designed to run with minimal sound, so anytime your heater makes an unusually loud or strange sound, it may be an indication it needs repairs. For example, loud bangs can be caused by faulty pilot lights or expanding air ducts, while clanking or scraping can mean your heater’s blower fan is loose or broken.
- Gas smell: If you ever smell natural gas, immediately call your gas provider or fire department. If possible, turn off the gas to your home until it can be inspected.
- Water leaking around the heater: If water is pooling around your heater or furnace, it could be a sign of a leak in the condensate line. The condensate line drains condensation away from the furnace. Repairs to the condensate line will require a heating and plumbing professional.
- Utility bills spike: If your utility bills are higher than usual, it may be because your heater is working harder to warm your home. This can be a sign that your heater needs a tune-up or repairs.
- Short cycling: If your furnace is working continually or turning on more frequently than usual, it may be suffering from what is called short cycling. Short cycling can be caused by several issues such as overheating, too large a furnace, thermostat problems, or improper air circulation.
If you notice anything different or unusual about how your furnace is running, it’s never a bad idea to get professional advice. That’s why we offer all our customers 24/7 live, over-the-phone assistance. Our experienced heating repair experts are on the line to help you identify any issues your heater is experiencing and offer the best, most affordable solutions.
Can I Repair My Heater Myself?
In some cases, yes. Experienced and dedicated DIY homeowners can sometimes save money by completing repairs themselves. But because heaters are intricate systems with many interconnected parts, missing even a minor issue can cause more significant problems down the line.
These larger problems can end up costing you more in energy bills or ongoing repairs than the heater is worth – or significantly reduce the lifespan of your heater or furnace.
Luckily, there are some safe and simple fixes that any homeowner can do:
- Check the thermostat: Many heating issues can be fixed by adjusting the thermostat. First, make sure your thermostat has fresh batteries or is receiving power. Next, check the temperature and time settings, and ensure the timer is set according to your needs. Finally, try setting the temperature a little higher to see if the furnace turns on.
- Replace air filters: Clogged air filters block airflow, which can prevent hot or cold air from moving through your house effectively. Changing your air filters every one to three months can help prevent poor airflow and keep your heater running efficiently.
- Clear air vents: Sometimes, air vents get blocked by furniture or objects, preventing hot air from moving through your home efficiently. Make sure your air vents are clear of any furniture or objects.
- Check for gas problems or leaks: If your heater isn’t turning on or it turns off every 15 minutes or so, there may be a problem with your pilot light. Since clogged pipes or faulty electrical components cause many pilot light issues, the best thing you can do is call a professional. Also, if you ever smell natural gas, contact your gas provider or fire department immediately.
While taking these steps can solve many heating issues, sometimes heating problems are too complicated for a straightforward fix. The primary goal of our North Las Vegas heating and furnace repair experts is to save you time and money. That’s why we are happy to provide the knowledge and assistance you need to make the best choice for your household.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 928-433-2979 to Schedule Service
What Happens if I Don’t Replace My Furnace Filter?
This simple maintenance step can save you significant headaches down the road. For example, when your furnace continually runs with a dirty and clogged air filter, the limited airflow can lead to:
- Loss of furnace efficiency: Your furnace will need to run longer to get the same heating effect, causing extra wear and tear on your machinery and higher monthly utility costs.
- Shortened lifespan: This added work will wear down parts sooner and could cause your furnace to break down years before it would have with proper maintenance.
- A fire hazard: Your furnace could overheat and start a fire because of the extra time it spends in operation trying to heat your home.
- Poor indoor air quality: A clean air filter will better catch the dust, pet dander, and dirt present in your home. More of these impurities can get through a dirty filter, resulting in more allergens in the air to affect you and your family.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in North Las Vegas NV and Las Vegas NV
How Much Does It Cost to Repair a Furnace?
The average furnace repair costs a North Las Vegas homeowner around $250 to $300. This price will vary based on the labor rate, how long the repair takes, and the cost of the parts. If your furnace needs a new circuit board or blower motor, for example, your final bill could be significantly higher.
Gas furnaces tend to be more costly to fix because they are more complex than electric furnaces. Additionally, if your repair is fixed during an emergency after-hours visit, your cost will also be higher than it would have been for a regular service appointment.
With us, you will always get an honest and upfront estimate before we begin any work. This is because we believe in transparency with our pricing, with no hidden fees popping up later.
How Fast Can You Fix My Heater in an Emergency?
Fast! There’s never a good time for a heater to break down, but sometimes, a loss of heat is more than an inconvenience. Unfortunately, on a freezing night in January, it can be an urgent problem.
At Ambient Edge, we believe no one deserves to wait in the cold. That’s why we don’t just offer our heating repair services during regular business hours. Instead, our staff of knowledgeable and experienced heating repair experts is on call to answer your questions and complete repairs any hour of the day, any day of the week.
How can our North Las Vegas heating and furnace repair techs get to you so fast?
- We’re local: We’re close by, and we know the area. Because we’re based in Las Vegas, with fully staffed branch offices in the surrounding area, we’re ready to rush to your home at a moment’s notice.
- We’re on call: Most heating repair companies don’t have the resources to keep a staff of fully trained technicians. But we never keep a skeleton crew, and we never use late-night service calls for training. Our emergency technicians are thoroughly trained and North American Technical Excellence (NATE) certified.
- We’re prepared: Our team will arrive equipped with a full stock of parts and supplies, so our technicians can often complete repairs within one short service call.
If you’re not sure your heating problem is an emergency, call us anyway. Our heating repair experts know the right questions to ask to identify your heating issues and find the most affordable and effective solutions.
Our Heating and Furnace Repair Technicians Are a Cut Above the Rest
We see NATE certification as just the beginning, which is why our technicians aren’t just highly experienced—they’re also quick, effective, and dedicated to taking the worry out of heating. And with our 15 years of experience in heating repair, we are confident enough to back all our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
All our heating repair technicians are seasoned industry experts. That means they’ve seen and worked with most of the heaters and furnaces on the market. As a result, they have the experience and knowledge to diagnose heating problems quickly.
Talk to a North Las Vegas Heater and Furnace Repair Expert
Ambient Edge is your local 24-hour heating and furnace repair company in North Las Vegas. We offer:
- Heater and furnace repairs and installation
- Affordable heater and furnace maintenance plans
- Around the clock emergency assistance and repairs
- Flat-rate estimates with no hidden fees
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Don’t wait until morning to escape the cold. Get the emergency repairs you need for a cozy night’s sleep without the wait. Call or click the book online button to contact one of our emergency heating repair experts today.