In a place as hot as North Las Vegas, air conditioners work hard to keep us cool. With regular maintenance, an air conditioner can keep working hard for over a decade. But eventually, all the wear of summer heat and dust can make an AC unit too expensive to keep maintained. At Ambient Edge, we have 15 years of experience helping people like you find the best solution to their air conditioning problems.
- Full AC repair and installation services available
- We provide cost comparisons so you make the best choice for your home
- Price match guarantee—no one installs AC for less
- 1 year of AC maintenance included with your installation
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Ambient Edge is your local air conditioning installation company in North Las Vegas. If you’re noticing higher energy bills or if you are spending too much on AC repairs, Ambient Edge is ready to offer the expertise you need and top-rated customer service you deserve. Give us a call at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our service experts today.
How do I know I need a new AC system?
The standard lifespan of an air conditioner is between 10-15 years. While older units can be repaired, the cost of doing so may not be worth it over time—especially if the unit is not as efficient as newer AC systems are.
Some signs you need a new AC unit might be:
- Your AC is getting old. If you’ve had your AC for over 15 years and it is experiencing issues, it’s probably a good time to get it looked at by a professional. A trained technician can tell you what further repairs might cost you in the future.
- Your AC needs to be repaired a lot. The costs of an AC unit that needs constant repairs can quickly add up to the price of a new AC unit. If you’ve had to schedule multiple repairs on your air conditioner within the last year, you may want to call a professional to discuss replacing the unit.
- Your AC isn’t keeping your home as cool as it once did. Repairs aren’t the only high costs for a broken AC. If you find your air conditioner isn’t cooling your home as efficiently as it used to, you’ll probably see it reflected on your energy bill.
At Ambient Edge, we want to give you the tools you need to decide when you need to replace your air conditioner. We are happy to provide a cost comparison so you can see how many months it will take for a new unit to pay for itself in energy savings.
What kind of AC unit do I need?
The short answer is: it depends. There are a lot of different types of air conditioning systems, and it can be difficult to decide which system would work best for your needs. But knowing the basic types of AC systems can help you to decide on the best system for your home.
These are the most common types of home AC systems:
- Split systems are the most common type of central air in U.S. homes. The “split” refers to the two main parts of the system—the indoor air handler that blows the air over the cold evaporator coil, and the outdoor compressor that powers the fans and circulates the cooling refrigerant.
- Ductless “Window” Air Conditioners is a self-contained air conditioning unit most often used in small buildings or apartments. A ductless air conditioner works by pulling hot air out through the window and cooling the space by pumping outside air indoors past cooled panels. Ductless air conditioners are great for small spaces, but can be inefficient for larger spaces or homes.
- Heat pumps, like air conditioners, move hot air from one place to another. But unlike an air conditioner, a heat pump doesn’t only move it one way—inside to outside. Heat pumps can reverse to bring hot air inside in colder months. Heat pumps work very well in mild winters, but become inefficient if temperatures drop below freezing. Heat pumps are often combined with furnaces to provide heat when the weather gets too cold to bring in hot air from outside.
- All-in-One systems, or packaged units, contain both heating and cooling components in a single unit. In small homes or commercial spaces, this can be an efficient solution to both energy and space. Packaged units in larger homes may have to work harder, costing more in energy bills. Packaged units are usually installed either on the first floor or roof of a building.
Sadly, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to air conditioning. One of the air conditioning problems is sizing. A system that’s too small will have to work harder to cool your home, while a system that’s too large will cool too quickly, requiring constant temperature adjustments and costing on energy bills.
We can help you decide. We are happy to provide cost comparisons on the many air conditioning systems we install and sell. Each of our AC installation projects begin with a load calculation, even if it’s a replacement for an older system you already have. By factoring in the size and layout, insulation, and energy use of appliances in your home, we can determine which system will keep your home the perfect temperature.
How soon can you replace my AC?
As soon as you need it done. At Ambient Edge, we base our business on respecting our customers. That includes respecting your time. Our team of top-rated technicians will arrive to your appointment on time and ready to install your system as quickly as possible. Your installation will consist of two home visits:
- An initial evaluation to help determine the scope of the installation and provide you with a comprehensive, up-front estimate.
- A service visit to remove your old unit, install the new one, and complete all related work. In most cases, we can complete the entire installation and have you AC running in a single day of work.
We maintain open communication with you throughout the whole process, making sure there are no surprises along the way. And with our up-front pricing system, you’ll never be surprised by hidden fees.
Talk to a North Las Vegas Air Conditioning Installation Expert
Don’t let an old air conditioner bloat your energy bills. Call your local AC installation pros at Ambient Edge and see how we can help you. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our service experts today.