Your indoor air may be exposed to chemicals and particles from cooking, cleaning, smoking, and fireplace ash every day. But you could also be breathing in mold, pollen, and other pollutants.
And it’s not just indoor air that can be harmful. When the air quality outdoors is poor, pollution from car exhaust, smoke from nearby wildfires, particulates, carbon monoxide, ozone, and more can enter your lungs as well. This is true even when you’re in your home.
The air quality in Nevada varies, depending on the season and outdoor conditions. But even on the best air quality days, the air inside your home could be contaminated by chemicals and pollutants that can lead to lung cancer, asthma, heart disease, and other maladies.
Working with an indoor air quality inspection and testing company in Clark County, NV is the right move. The experts at Ambient Edge have years of knowledge, as well as the cutting-edge equipment to test the air quality in your home. We will make suggestions, if necessary, about how to improve your indoor air quality. Call us today at (888) 247-7475 or fill out the form on our website to request an estimate.
Items Checked During an Air Quality Inspection
An Ambient Edge expert will take air samples from different areas of your home to help track down any potential causes of poor air quality. This includes:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from aerosol sprays, paints, cleaners, smoking, and other chemicals and products
- Animal dander, dust, and pollen, which can cause or inflame allergies
- Bacteria and mold
Radon is a radioactive gas that is naturally released into the soil when uranium decays. It can enter your home through unsealed cracks in the foundation.
Nevada is known to have heavy radon levels in many areas. The second leading cause of lung cancer is exposure to radon, so it is not an issue to ignore. Have a professional test your home radon levels to help limit your exposure to this colorless, odorless, and dangerous gas.
The Importance of an Indoor Air Quality Inspection
Indoor air quality is critical to your safety and health, but radon testing is often required for anyone purchasing a new home or selling a home. Why?
- Asbestos insulation, ceiling, and floor tiles are common in older homes. Asbestos is most dangerous when it is old and can easily break down. Its airborne fibers can cause cancer.
- Also common in older homes is lead paint. Exposure to a high concentration of lead can cause kidney and brain problems.
- Exposure to mold can cause serious breathing problems. This is true whether it’s small amounts of mold you can see or smell, or larger concentrations of mold behind trim, tile, and walls.
- Dangerous diseases can be contracted from inhaling the dust and fumes caused by rodent and insect droppings.
- Allergens and VOCs can cause everything from headaches to asthma.
- Carbon monoxide can be present in small concentrations and can build up, causing dangerous conditions that can lead to deadly consequences.
You may think, “If I can’t smell anything bad or don’t feel different when breathing the air inside my home, then my indoor air quality is okay.” But it’s the unseen (and unseeable) pollution that can cause lifelong damage to your home and your health.
The solutions to help you improve indoor air quality are often inexpensive and easy. You can use a dehumidifier or air purifier or install carbon monoxide detectors. But you won’t be able to roll out the fixes until you know what issues your home has. That’s when it’s time to contact an experienced indoor air quality inspection and testing company in Clark County.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 928-433-2979 to Schedule Service
After the Inspection
While basic, at-home test kits exist for some types of indoor air pollution, most professional tests must be sent out and analyzed by a lab. As your results are returned, your Ambient Edge pro will contact you to make recommendations and set up any necessary next steps.
This may include:
- Discussion about maintenance or removal of any lead-based paint
- Discussion about maintenance or professional removal of any asbestos
- Mold removal solutions
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector installation and maintenance
- Air filtration solutions
- Radon mitigation systems
It’s easy to feel discouraged or overpowered by indoor air pollution. However, knowing the specific issues your home may have can empower you to make the air you breathe safer and cleaner for you and your family.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in and Las Vegas NV
Schedule Your Indoor Air Quality Inspection and Testing in Clark County, NV Today
If you’re planning to move and need a required air quality inspection, give us a call. Or, if you’re purchasing a new home and want peace of mind before you move in, give us a call. An air quality inspection can make sure the air inside your home (or home-to-be) is safe and clean. Call the experts at Ambient Edge at (888) 247-7475 or send us a message to schedule a consultation today.