Restaurant Grill, Oven, and Hot Side Services
Commercial appliances are the foundation of a successful restaurant or food service business. When the hot side of your kitchen malfunctions, customers become impatient and revenue suffers. Help ensure your kitchen continues to operate smoothly through periods of high demand by partnering with a professional commercial kitchen repair contractor.
Common Commercial Oven and Grill Issues
Commercial ovens are complex machines that must maintain a specific temperature without significant fluctuations. The most common oven problems include:
- The Pilot Won’t Stay Lit: This issue usually involves the thermocouple. If the thermocouple is not positioned directly in the flame, it will not become hot enough to allow the safety valve to open. If the thermocouple is directly in the flame and still won’t stay lit, call your oven repair service provider.
- Oven Temperature Exceeds the Setting: This condition is typically caused by a thermostat or burner problem. Use an accurate thermometer to monitor the interior temperature of the oven. Set the thermostat at 250 degrees. Remove the kick plate just below the oven door and watch the burner flame. If it does not shut off when the thermometer reaches 250 degrees, the thermostat is probably faulty.
- Oven Won’t Maintain the Proper Temperature: If your oven can not reach the set temperature, the thermostat is probably damaged. The unit may be defective or it may need to be recalibrated.
- Uneven Cooking: Overcooked or undercooked food is often caused by a broken or improperly positioned capillary tube. This is the part of the thermostat that actually senses the temperature in the oven.
Oven and Grill Services
At Ambient Edge, we understand the important role your hot side appliances play in the success of your business. Our goal is to keep your ovens and grilles running smoothly without interruption. If you require grill or oven services, we dispatch professional technicians qualified to repair virtually all major brands of commercial hot side appliances. Our commitment to service is demonstrated by our ongoing investment in vehicles, parts, tools and training. For emergencies, we provide our customers with 24/7 critical care service.
Commercial appliances are an essential part of your business, so it is important to keep them performing at peak efficiency. If you purchase a maintenance plan, our technicians will visit your business on a periodic basis to fine-tune your hot side equipment in order to minimize the chance of a catastrophic failure. We provide a number of important maintenance services including:
- Priority repair service calls
- Testing, inspecting and calibrating critical oven and grill components
- Technical support for the end user
- Comprehensive service history records
- Planning assistance for equipment replacement
Your Grill and Oven Repair Specialists
For food service businesses, Ambient Edge is the only source you need for complete HVAC, plumbing and commercial appliance repair and maintenance.