When it comes to your home’s water heater, its lifespan is seemingly long. Typically, in a normal home, your water heater should last anywhere from six years to 13 years. However, it’s easy to forget about this crucial part of the home.
Regular maintenance should occur in the home and on all the home’s appliances. This includes your water heater. Keeping up to date with frequent maintenance and having an eye on the system will ensure that you will have constant access to warm water.
For more information on your home water heater and when it’s time for a replacement, continue reading.
What does Your Home’s Water Heater Do?
As we stated above, your home’s water heater is crucial in the home. And your home’s water heater is used on a daily basis, even if you don’t realize it. When you shower, wash the dishes, run the washing machine or use the skin, your water heater is in use.
This water heater is responsible for moving the water through your pipes and into whatever mechanism you are using. And not only does it move water throughout your home, but it also ensures that the water you are looking to use is the proper temperature for your needs.
How to Know It’s Time for a Water Heater Replacement
As with any appliance in the home, your water heater has a typical lifespan. And, similar to other appliances, that lifespan will vary depending on various factors and their use. There are ways to tell when it’s time for a replacement water heater, and it’s important to be aware of what to look out for.
Some of the signs that your water heater will give you showing its time for a replacement, include:
- Loss of hot water: When your home’s hot water isn’t functioning properly or delivering hot water to your home, it’s a huge sign that a replacement is needed. Even if your water is coming out lukewarm, this is a telltale warning sign that the lifespan of your heater is coming to an end.
- Rising utility bills: Because hot water accounts for most of the energy used in the home, seeing your bills rise for no reason is a large indicator of your water heater slowly dying. Rising bills can happen due to inefficiency in your machine or overworking techniques to try and get your home hot water.
- Corrosion: This can be seen by looking at your home’s water heater. If you take a peak at this mechanism and find that there is corrosion on the heater, it’s time for a replacement heater as soon as possible.
- Increase in minor repairs: Once your water heater starts to become run down, small repairs will be required. If you are seeing a small increase in the number of repairs your heater needs, a full replacement is right around the corner.
Benefits of Replacing Your Water Heater
All the disadvantages that old water heaters bring are good enough reasons to invest in a brand-new heater. When it comes to replacing your home’s water heater, there are various benefits that can be seen. These benefits include:
- Hot water at all times: By replacing your hot water heater, you can rest assured that hot water will be at your fingertips at all times. Hot water will endlessly flow no matter how long your showers take or how many loads of laundry you put on.
- The prevention of water damage: Because new water heaters have long lifespans, replacing the one in your home can eliminate serious water damage from old malfunctioning equipment. This, in turn, can get rid of any costly repairs or maintenance in the future stemming from severe water damage.
- Reduced energy consumption: Just as old water heaters will increase utility bills, replacing your home’s heater will reduce high utility bills. Sure, replacing your water heater will cost money, but in the long run, you will save money because of a properly functioning water heater.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Las Vegas NV
Call the Professionals for Your Water Heater Needs!
No matter how old your home’s water heater is, malfunctioning equipment can happen at any time and cause serious damage to your home. When this is the case, it’s important to speak with professionals and sort out the issue as soon as possible.
If you are ready to replace your home’s water heater, or if you have any questions about your home’s system, contact us today. We will ensure to deliver speedy services at a price you can’t beat. You can rest assured that the work we do and the installation we provide will be at the highest standard possible.