Property owners in Nevada only rely on their heating systems for a few months every year, but during those months you need your heat to work properly. If you change your thermostat and find yourself wondering why your heat is not coming on, you can have a big problem.
Fortunately, you can troubleshoot some of the common reasons your heat might not come on right away. Go over these DIY fixes for a furnace that won’t come on. If these easy solutions don’t work, you can call Ambient Edge’s furnace repair professionals at (888) 240-8283 to get immediate assistance.
What If Your Furnace Won’t Come On?
There are several different types of heating systems in common use around Nevada. Each of these systems may stop working for different reasons. Your furnace may not come on if:
- Your Pilot Light Is Out. Gas furnaces won’t work if their pilot light is out. You may be able to relight your pilot light by following the specific directions in your owner’s manual
- Your Furnace Isn’t Getting Fuel. Gas must be able to reach your furnace for it to come on. Ensure that any valves are open to allow gas to reach your furnace if it won’t kick on
- The Circuit for the Furnace Tripped. Some furnaces use electric ignition. This means that if the circuit trips, they won’t work until you reset the switch. You can check your circuit breaker to see if this is the problem
- Reset the System. Sometimes, turning it off and turning it back on again can fix an electronic-ignition furnace. Turn off your thermostat and see if it acts correctly when you turn it on again
What if Your Furnace Isn’t Repaired with a Quick Fix?
If you try the above quick fixes for furnace repair and your furnace still doesn’t turn on, you may have a more serious issue. There are a number of reasons your furnace may refuse to function.
Some furnaces will not work if the system detects an unseen problem. As a safety measure, your furnace may simply not run until the problem is fixed. You may experience this issue if your furnace detects:
- Broken Wires or Issues with Evaporator Coils
- Clogged Air Filters or Pipes
- Damaged Blower Motors or Control Boards
Furnaces in our area may also refuse to turn on if a part breaks or wears out. Some furnaces simply wear out from age and can no longer turn on to produce heat for your home.
Can Furnace Repairs Get Your Heat to Come on Again?
You have options if your furnace will not come on in Nevada. You can contact a furnace repair company to get professional help correcting the issue you are facing, so you can get the warmth you need to make it through the winter.
The technicians at Ambient Edge are highly trained in furnace repair. We offer:
- 24/7 Emergency Service. If your furnace refuses to work in the middle of winter, it can be dangerous for you. You can call us around the clock to get advice and professional help
- Repairs by NATE-Certified Technicians. Not all furnace repair companies are created equally. All of our technicians are NATE-certified and trained to handle repairs on any type of furnace or heating system
- Flat-Rate Estimates. You can get answers about how much it will cost to repair your furnace without stress. Our experience allows us to stick to our initial estimates, so you aren’t surprised by the repair bill after your furnace starts working again
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Las Vegas NV
When Should You Call a Furnace Repair Professional?
Getting professional help with furnace repairs may be necessary if a component in your furnace breaks down or wears out.
You may need to call a furnace repair company immediately in emergency situations, such as when the temperature is dipping towards freezing. If you have infants or elderly individuals in your home it is especially important that you return the temperature to a comfortable level quickly.
You can also contact furnace maintenance crews if your furnace is functioning at a reduced level. Performing regular service and maintenance can bring your heater back to 100% – while helping you avoid a major breakdown – so you stay warm and comfortable this winter.
Speak with Furnace Repair Technicians Today
You can troubleshoot some problems if your heat will not come on in Nevada. If you cannot get your furnace operational on your own, you can call Ambient Edge at (888) 240-8283, or fill out our online contact form. We can take your call 24/7 and we’re ready to get to work on your furnace right now.