If you’ve never had your air ducts cleaned before, you may be wondering just how much work goes into it, and what professionals need to do specifically to clean them. Cleaning ducts is definitely not a quick job – or, at least, it should be done hastily. When a professional performs duct cleaning work, he must make sure he takes care not to circulate that dust and debris throughout the home so as not to pollute the indoor air.
At Ambient Edge, we know what goes into the cleaning of air ducts. We take our time and work efficiently to ensure we don’t end up leaving your home dirtier than when we found it. Our licensed professionals will do a thorough job that will provide you with years of clean indoor air to breathe Give us a call at (888) 240-8283 today, and we’ll schedule you for our next available service call.
The Importance of Clean Air Ducts
Indoor air pollution is a serious problem and one that many Americans don’t even realize they are subjected to daily in their homes. Essentially, dirt and debris that build up in your air ducts can also accumulate other unwanted contaminants, like mold and pests, that your HVAC system will then blow throughout your home, where anyone who walks in the door can breathe it in.
And, of course, this is worse for you and those you live with, who spend hours breathing in air you might not even know is polluted. For this reason, it is crucial that you keep your air ducts as clean as possible – even if you need to hire a professional to do it.
Tools the Professionals Use to Clean Your Air Ducts
If you decide to call a professional like one of the licensed technicians at Ambient Edge to perform your cleaning, here are some of the tools you can expect us to have with us when we arrive:
- Vacuum: An industrial-strength vacuum with a variety of attachments is a given for cleaning ductwork. So you can be sure to see us pull up with a Shopvac to take on even the dirtiest of air ducts.
- Power Drill: Sure, we could remove the faceplates on your air supply registers with a screwdriver, but a power drill saves us a lot of time and energy!
- Nut Driver: We will bring a nut driver with us to ensure that we can remove any bolts that secure your ductwork. We will not be swayed by different-sized bolts!
- Flex Duct Brush: A flex duct brush makes our job slightly easier when we need to clean those parts of your ducts within reach. We simply attach the brush to the drill for a more powerful cleaning.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths: Microfiber cleaning cloths are essential to grabbing ahold of and removing the dust and dirt we can reach. Anything else, like a paper towel or feather duster, just redistributes the dust to your furniture and fixtures.
Air Duct Cleaning Schedule
You should clean your air ducts, or have them cleaned, every three to five years. This is a recommended minimum, since some families may need more frequent cleanings. This is particularly true if you do a lot of cooking or cleaning with chemicals at home, or if you smoke or live with someone who does. Other habits that may affect your cleaning schedule can include working with art products or anything else that may release contaminants into the atmosphere.
While we’re visiting you, we may recommend some preventive measures to avoid experiencing as severe of a buildup again in the future. For instance, we often suggest our customers install HEPA air filters over their air supply registers. These handy-dandy filters trap more of the contaminants in the air before they have a chance to reach your ductwork, thereby leaving you with cleaner ducts for longer.
We also may recommend you seal up, or have sealed, any gaps we notice between the duct and the wall. Caulking these gaps will give dust less places to go, which means you may be able to vacuum more of it up, rather than the dust settling in your ductwork. We can also help seal up these gaps for you and can discuss a price quote with you for such a service.
Do Your Air Ducts Need a Professional Cleaning? Call Ambient Edge!
Indoor air pollution is a real problem that affects many Americans every year and can cause everything from allergies to cancer. The good news is there are many things you can do to help mitigate it, including hiring a professional semi-regularly to clean your air ducts for you.
With over two decades in this business, Ambient Edge is proud to be the company our customers rely on when they need professional air duct cleaning service. If this sounds like a service you would like to sign up for, give us a call at (888) 240-8283 today. We take your health and the health of your home seriously, so call us today and let’s work together to clean up your indoor air!