Yes. Air conditioners in the Las Vegas area should be served every year, typically 1–2 times in a 12-month period. This is both to make sure you AC runs at peak performance, using as little energy as possible, and also to prevent major breakdowns in the future.
Cleaning and servicing your air conditioner doesn’t have to be a hassle—and you don’t have to pay a fortune to have it done. Get an affordable AC service plan from Ambient Edge today. Just fill out the form to the right or call us at 702-928-7201 and never worry about AC maintenance again.
Why does AC require twice annual servicing in Las Vegas?
Depending on who you ask, you’ll often hear the recommendation to have your AC serviced just once a year. This advice is solid in many parts of the country, but air conditioning systems tend to wear out faster in Las Vegas unless they get regular maintenance.
Las Vegas is tough on air conditioners for two main reasons:
- High summer temperatures. AC has to work harder when temperatures climb to the high 90s or over 100 degrees, as is common the Las Vegas area.
- We all know that much of Vegas can face high dust conditions from time to time, and that dust gets into just about everything. That’s certainly true of central AC units located outside the home, and that dust takes a toll on performance.
As a result, most professionals find that two AC tune-ups a year is the “sweet spot” for keeping AC running well without performance issues. Typically, you’ll want one tune-up before the peak summer season, and one after, but the exact scheduling is less important than spacing them out every 6 months or so.
What happens if I don’t get my AC serviced twice a year?
The short answer is: it depends.
If you skip an AC tune-up, you’re not necessarily going to see a sudden outage or major AC failure. However, your AC is likely to run into a few issues:
- Unit may have to be replaced sooner. A well-maintained AC unit can run well over 10 years in Las Vegas. One that isn’t maintained often enough is likely to lose years off that lifespan, wearing out sooner than it otherwise would.
- Performance declines. After a year or so of infrequent maintenance, you’re likely to find that AC struggles to keep the home as cool as it once did, or that you have to set indoor temperatures much lower to be comfortable.
- Energy costs go up. Typically, dust and dirt buildup in the unit force it to work harder to do its job, consuming far more energy—and driving up your bills.
- Risk of malfunction. Many AC breakdowns can be prevented if you get your regular semi-annual tune-up call.
Get No-Hassle AC Maintenance—For Less
At Ambient Edge, we know that no homeowner wants to deal with another maintenance task around the house. Let us give you a professional 26- or 37-point inspection, thorough AC cleaning, and overall tune-up—for one affordable monthly rate. Call us at 702-928-7201 or fill out the form to your right and speak with an AC pro today.