Many property owners in Nevada rely on central heating pumps to keep their homes warm. Unfortunately, over time heat pumps wear out, break down, and need to be replaced. So, how much does it cost to replace a central heat pump when yours stops working?
In truth, replacement costs for central heating pumps can vary from around $2,000 to $9,000. Find out more about what your costs might be right here. You can also speak with a heating pump installation specialist by calling Ambient Edge at (888) 240-8283.
What Goes into the Cost of Replacing a Central Heating Pump?
Replacing your central heating pump can lead to a number of different costs. You should expect to set aside funds to cover:
- Your New Heating Pump Unit. The prices for new heating pumps vary depending on the size of the unit you purchase and the brand that you select
- Costs for Supplies and Materials. New heating pumps do not generally come with all the materials needed to make them operational. You may need to purchase additional pipes, fitting, and hardware
- Installation Costs. Installing a new heating pump involves planning, preparation, installation, and cleanup services. If your installation requires special equipment, such as excavation equipment for the installation of a geothermal pump, this may also increase costs
Being aware of the costs before you purchase and plan the installation of your new heat pump can help remove any unpleasant surprises from the installation process.
How Much Do Different Heating Pumps Cost?
There are many different heat pump brands. Some brands cost more than others, and models will vary in price within the same brand. Generally, heat pump pricing depends on the system’s:
- HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) Rating
- Energy-Efficiency Rating
- Sound Rating
Additionally, larger heat pumps that can appropriately cool larger homes will cost more. While prices vary based on brand and other factors, you can get a rough idea about the costs of heat pumps of different sizes here:
- 5 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $1,400
- 2 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $1,500
- 5 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $1,700
- 3 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $1,800
- 5 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $1,900
- 4 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $2,000
- 5 Tons Heat Pump: Approximately $2,200
These costs are only a rough estimate of medium quality models, as different companies set a wide range of prices for their heat pumps. Some units can cost more than $4,000 without factoring in installation or labor costs.
What Does it Cost to Install a Heat Pump?
The installation costs for a replacement heat pump will depend on the size of the unit you purchase and the brand that you select. Installation costs may range from around $2,200 to over $8,000, depending on your unique needs.
You should also be aware that geothermal heat-pumps are generally more expensive to install than air-source heat pumps. This is because geothermal heat-pumps can require extensive excavation. However, they typically require less maintenance and can lower energy costs over the long run.
What Does it Take to Replace a Central Heating Pump?
Replacing your central heating pump is a big decision. Sometimes, homeowners have no choice if their old heating unit fails. Whether you are facing an emergency or not, you deserve professional help with heat pump installation services.
The heating system installation crews at Ambient Edge can help you replace your old central heating pump. Our technicians are:
- NATE-Certified. NATE-certification represents the highest standard of training in heating system installation. You can count on our crews to install your new central heating pump quickly and correctly
- Available 24/7. We know that, sometimes, installing a new heating pump is an emergency situation. If your heating system goes out in the winter months, you can call us right away
- Backed with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Here at Ambient Edge, we back all of our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, including the replacement of central heating pumps
You can also set up a maintenance schedule for your new central heating pump after installation. Properly servicing and maintaining your system can keep it running at peak condition for longer, increasing the time before you need to replace your heating system once more.
Call a Central Heating Pump Replacement Company Now
Replacing your central heating pump can ensure your home stays warm and comfortable throughout the Nevada winter. Make sure the installation process goes smoothly by contacting Ambient Edge right now. You can get our 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our work. Complete our online contact form, or call (888) 240-8283 to get started.