From time to time, you may need to press the reset button on the thermostat in your home in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is especially true for digital thermostats because they lose their efficiency over time. Just like your cable modem, a digital thermostat needs a reset every once in a while to kick it back into shape and set it in proper working order. You will know when a reset is necessary because your thermostat will not be regulating the temperature of your home as well as it was before.
If, however, you reset your thermostat and are still experiencing issues, it may be time to call in a professional. Our technicians at Ambient Edge are available anytime, day or night, to help you figure out what is wrong and take the necessary steps to fix it. Give us a call at 888-230-5160 to set up your service appointment. You can also set up a maintenance schedule with us so that we can help you avoid experiencing heating or cooling problems in the future.
A Reset Button That Stays On
Sometimes your reset button will activate without your even doing anything and will stay in the “ON” position. This is particularly true for water heaters. Reasons why your reset switch may trip include:
- A loose wire
- A short in the heating element
- A bad switch
The bad news is that, when this happens, it is a sign that your thermostat is kaput. The good news is that we here at Ambient Edge have both plumbing and HVAC experience, which allow us to help you install a new thermostat with zero hassle. And, because we want to ensure you are 100% satisfied with our service, we will work with you to determine the best possible setup for your lifestyle.
A Reset Button That Stays Off
In certain situations, the opposite of the above is true. You have tried pressing the reset button, and yet the thermostat refuses to turn on. To troubleshoot this, first switch the thermostat to “OFF”, then take the batteries out and press the reset button again. Put the batteries back in, switch the mode to either the “HEAT” or “COOL” position, and turn the thermostat back on.
Did that fix the problem? If not, then it may be time for you to call a professional for assistance.
Different Buttons For Different Things
In addition to resetting the entire thermostat, there may be additional buttons on your particular thermostat that allow you to reset different elements on the thermostat.
- Arrow Buttons – Normally, a thermostat has two arrow buttons for resetting the temperature higher or lower. If you adjust these, the new setting is temporary, only lasting until you have reached the end of the previously set program.
- Clock Settings – To reset the time, some thermostats have “hour” and “minute” buttons, while others have a “Set Time” button. There may also be a “day” button, which allows you to reset the date.
- Program Settings – Most thermostats allow you to program four temperature settings a day for waking up, leaving the house, coming home, and sleeping. You should set the thermostat for your most comfortable temperature for the waking and returning home periods. For the others, set it between five and fifteen degrees lower to conserve energy.
- Hold Temperature – You can use this button to set the temperature to remain at that level until you change it again. This is most helpful if you know you will not be home all day, like if you go away for a day trip, so you set the temperature to a lower setting, not to be reset until you return.
The Setting That Is Best For You
Some people set their thermostats to be the most energy efficient, while others prefer to keep them on a comfortable setting, even if it requires more energy. The setting you choose to use is up to you. However, we recommend that you check the thermostat at least annually to confirm that it is still meeting the expectations of your current lifestyle.
If, for example, your job requires you to work more hours this year than last year, you should adjust your thermostat accordingly. No sense in heating the house at a higher temperature when no one is home to enjoy it.
Having A Reset Button Problem? We Can Help!
You hit the reset button on your thermostat, but it did not seem to fix the problem. Your thermostat is still not properly regulating the temperature in your house. Let our technicians at Ambient Edge take a look. We are proud to offer you a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and we are available whenever you need us – 24 hours, 7 day a week.
Fill out our contact form, or give us a call 888-230-5160 and let’s get started. The sooner you call us, the faster we can fix your problem and get you back to your status quo before your issue started. So call us today, and let us get started!