Finding the best air conditioning company is hard, and it always involves a certain amount of personal preference—one person’s “best” may not be the same as someone else’s. But there are certain things that set all the best air conditioning companies in Las Vegas apart from the competition – leading to better service, better results, and an all-around great experience.
Here are the things we recommend you look at to determine which Las Vegas air conditioning company is right for you:
- Experience and qualifications. A lot of people assume that the more years an AC company has been around, the better. To some extent that’s true – you don’t want total newbies working on your AC (and charging you for it!). But experience alone does not guarantee good workmanship. There are plenty of AC companies that keep on plugging away for years with mediocre service, and others that have high turnover so it’s always fresh recruits. So what should you look for instead? Certification and training. The best AC companies hire seasoned technicians and require each one to complete NATE certification. NATE (the North American Technician Excellence organization) is the highest standard in the AC industry. Also, look for companies that offer on going training to technicians to make sure they are staying up to date on their skill sets and changing technologies.
- Reviews from past customers. You can learn a lot from what past customers have to say. Don’t be put off by one or two low reviews – every business will have a bad situation eventually. Instead, read through a variety of reviews and see what people say. Do the good reviews sound authentic, and give details of what they liked? Do the bad reviews have a pattern of poor service – and are there a lot of them? Let the wisdom of the crowd guide you, so you don’t repeat someone else’s mistake.
- How they bill their customers. If we had to sort AC repair services by just one factor alone, this would be it. There are a lot of shifty billing practices out there. Everything from the supposedly “free” service call (with outrageous rates once they start work), to the too-good-to-be-true “estimate” that inevitably has a heap of hidden fees tacked on. Our recommendation: go with a technician that offer a flat rate estimate, so you’ll see the whole quote up front with no extra charges later. You’ll probably need to pay a small fee for the initial service call, but you’ll more than make up for it with what you save later.
- Do they offer 24/7 service? Depending on your situation, this may or may not be critical – but if it’s after business hours, focus only on those that advertise 24-hour service in giant letters. Ditto for weekends and holidays. 24/7 AC services also tend to have more infrastructure behind their scheduling and dispatching system – which means they’re much more likely to run on time.
- How do they treat you when you call? If you’ve narrowed it down to one or two front runners, give them a call and talk to them – and go with your gut. They should be friendly, answer your questions, and put service ahead of salesmanship. An AC service that’s helpful and respectful on the phone is likely to be the same way in person.
Talk to a Las Vegas Air Conditioning Service Expert
Need help with your AC situation? Do you want a true expert – who can show up fast? Ambient Edge is here to help. Call us at (702)948-7201 or fill out the form to your right and speak with one of our service experts today.