In Las Vegas, AC is a luxury that many of us take for granted. It simply isn’t possible for most people to deal with the intense desert heat without crisp, cool air conditioning—which means any interruption to your AC can be a serious problem. That’s why it’s crucial to have regular service and maintenance performed on your air conditioner, to keep it running in peak condition whenever you need it. Has it been 6 months or more since you did maintenance on your AC? If so, it’s time to talk to a Las Vegas air conditioning service company.
Ambient Edge is your local, top-rated friend in the AC maintenance business. We offer 5-star service from Nate Certified technical specialists, and a full range of services:
- Preventative maintenance
- Affordable AC maintenance plans
- AC repairs and 24-hour emergency service
- ALL of our work is backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
No one is faster, more thorough, or does better work—and our friendly, helpful professionals are simply unmatched in the Las Vegas area. Whether you need an immediate repair or preventative maintenance, we can help. Call (702)948-7201 or fill out the form to the right and get your 5-star service call TODAY.
What kind of routine maintenance do AC units require in Las Vegas?
Las Vegas summers are rough on air conditioners, which often need to run at or near maximum capacity from basically sunup to sundown. As a result, Nevada air conditioners tend to take more punishment than they do in other parts of the country. And that means they need more maintenance. Generally, we recommend two rounds of maintenance per year.
Maintenance on your AC should include a few steps:
- Replacing the air filter. Air filters quickly accumulate dust and dirt which starts to block air intake if not replaced. This causes your AC unit to become less efficient, work harder, and be at risk for breakdowns.
- Thoroughly cleaning all crucial components. Unfortunately, even with the air filter, dust and other debris can enter the AC unit and cause problems. The more this dirt builds up the more it saps your AC’s efficiency and drives up your energy bills. Additionally, dirt buildup is a major risk factor for serious AC failures. Changing the filter will not remove dirt from other areas, so every maintenance call must include cleaning key components like the condensing coils.
- Preventative inspection. The most common reason for a sudden AC failure in peak season is that one component fails in an otherwise healthy system. Usually, there are signs of a component wearing out long before this happens—if you know what to look for. This is why we include a complete inspection with every AC maintenance visit, to identify potential problem areas and fix them before they become serious.
You do not need to do all this yourself. At Ambient Edge, we offer both one-off tune-up calls and annual plans with affordable twice-a-year tune-ups. And each tune-up delivers results, including:
- Longer AC lifespan
- Lower risk of sudden outages or failures
- Reduced energy costs
- Colder, more effective AC whenever you need it.
Can I get by with servicing my AC just once a year instead of twice a year?
Some homeowners prefer one tune-up a year and, depending on how new your AC unit is and whether you keep an eye on the filter yourself, for some people this works out fine. The reason we recommend two tune-ups per year is because there are two times when AC units are likely to need a little TLC—before the peak season and after. Problems from either season are likely to get worse if they aren’t addressed. That’s why we try to make biannual tune-ups accessible to all homeowners with our annual maintenance plans.
If you do decide to do just one service call per year, we recommend doing it in spring, before the summer “AC season” starts.
What if my AC isn’t running as “cold” as it used to?
There are a lot of possible reasons for this. If you want, try changing the filter yourself and see if this makes a difference. If the AC gets colder right away, you might be okay. However, loss of AC performance is often a symptom of more serious problems such as a worn-out component, a refrigerant leak or other issues that the air filter won’t fix. One common culprit is the compressor, which is what makes the refrigerant draw heat out of the air. The compressor is the “heart” of your air conditioner and as it wears out, AC gets weaker and weaker.
Don’t let these repairs intimidate you. They’re no match for a professional. At Ambient Edge, we offer fast, no-hassle AC repair calls. Each service call starts with an up-front flat-fee estimate so you can make an informed choice about how to proceed.
My AC is completely out. What should I do?
If this happens in the heat of the summer—do not wait! Las Vegas summer temperatures can be not only uncomfortable, but dangerous. Your AC problem is most likely due to a failed component, and a professional can make the repair quickly, getting you back to cool, refreshing AC.
These types of AC emergencies are why Ambient Edge offers 24-hour air conditioning service, year-round. Night or day, in most cases we can be at your house in hours.
Talk to a Las Vegas Air Conditioning Service Expert
In Las Vegas, air conditioning is your most crucial home amenity. Don’t take risks—and don’t wait until it burns out in the middle of a 100+ degree day. Ambient Edge offers service, maintenance and repairs from highly trained specialists—and a satisfaction guarantee. Call us at (702)948-7201 or fill out the form to your right and speak with one of our service experts today.