When you live in Spring Valley, Nevada, you know the temperatures reach astronomical highs in summer and can chill you to the bone in the winter. From blazing sun to frost and ice, you must prepare your home for weather extremes in order to remain comfortable.
A home energy audit is, however, a valuable tool to ensure you’re not wasting energy and throwing money out the front door. One call to (702) 723-4704 and Ambient Edge can get your home energy audit scheduled and put you on the path to saving money while staying cozy in your home, no matter what the temperature outside.
Signs You Need a Home Energy Audit
If you’re buying a new home, get an energy audit before you sign any final paperwork. A small investment upfront can tip you off to any big issues. Most homebuyers would rather negotiate with the seller to take off the cost of such repairs from the home price rather than dealing with the issues on their own as brand new homeowners.
If you’ve been in your home for any amount of time and have never had an energy audit done, don’t wait. You will almost certainly be astonished by the amount of money you’re overpaying only to lose heated or cooled air to leaks, cracks, and more.
However, we usually hear from homeowners when they are considering a project or spot a problem, such as.
- An addition or renovation project
- Updating an older home
- Purchasing a new furnace, central air conditioner, or full HVAC unit
- Want to make energy-efficient upgrades
- Feel their home is cooling or heating unevenly
- See their energy bills climbing significantly over a short period of time or even suddenly shoot up
How We Can Help You Save Money with an Audit
When looking at the larger picture of your home, we can tell you how energy is used throughout your home, and exactly where energy is being squandered. When we zoom in on the much smaller picture of areas of your home, we can give you options for many fixes and simple solutions to help you save money, live more comfortably, and use less energy.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 888-628-5890 to Schedule Service
Typical Recommendations We Provide During the Audit
Most people are surprised when we say we provide simple recommendations. Of course, if you’re experiencing major issues with insulation or your HVAC system, the suggested solutions may cost more. However, your Ambient Edge home energy auditor also looks for cost-efficient, achievable adjustments that can truly make a big difference.
Items such as:
- Installing a programmable thermostat so the temperature automatically adjusts during the day or evening
- Upgrading to energy-efficient LED light bulbs
- Adding some insulation
- Installing shades or blinds and utilizing fans strategically to boost warm or cool airflow on a budget
- Using a dehumidifier to decrease moisture in a space
- Replacing HVAC filters on a regular schedule
Small changes really can make a noticeable impact. Not only can you live more comfortably and affordably, but the indoor air quality in your home may improve as well.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Spring Valley NV and Las Vegas NV
A Home Energy Audit Can Add Value to Your Home
No matter how long you’ve been in your home, if you’re planning to sell in the next decade or two, it can pay big to make energy-efficient upgrades. Energy-efficient homes command a higher resale price than standard homes, the EnergyStar program reports.
Questions We Ask Prior to Your Home Energy Audit
Before your Ambient Edge inspector begins your home energy audit, we’ll ask you important questions to learn more about your home and how you use the spaces within it.
- We will ask you why you are having a home energy audit — the guidance we provide can be tailored to your goals (maximizing energy efficiency, saving money, etc.)
- If anyone in your home has health issues like allergies, asthma, or lung issues
- How many people live in your house
- Your typical daily energy usage. If the household is largely empty on weekdays and most energy is used on nights and weekends, for example.
- Your optimal home temperatures. Some people are comfortable at 62 degrees, others are most comfortable at 72 degrees.
It will also be useful for us to have copies of several of your energy bills that are representative of energy usage in different seasons.
What to Expect During a Home Energy Audit
Your Ambient Edge professional will do a thorough inspection of your entire home — outdoors and indoors. You will see us on ladders, crawling in small spaces, and peering around with flashlights. Here is some of what we’re looking at:
- Your roof and eaves
- Your attic and crawlspace
- What type of insulation you have and the amount in crucial spaces
- Your walls, doors, and windows
- Your ductwork and HVAC system (both the furnace and central air conditioner)
- Your thermostat
- Leaks around your home by using a blower door test
- Your water heater
- Lighting throughout your home
We’re looking for obvious and sneaky areas where your cooled and heated air escapes to the outside, where hot and frigid air is leaking in, and how air circulates through your home.
How to Proceed After a Home Energy Audit
After your home energy audit, we will provide you with a customized energy usage report. The report will cover any recommendations for energy efficiency, proposed improvements, and any necessary repairs. Energy efficiency recommendations often include adding insulation, needed water heater, plumbing, or HVAC repairs, and preventative maintenance tips and plans.
Schedule Your Energy Audit for Your Spring Valley Home Today
Call (702) 723-4704 or fill out the form now to schedule your home energy audit. For more than 10 years, Ambient Edge has been your trusted local energy audit authority. We help you keep your home comfortable while using less energy (and spending less money).
Follow Ambient Edge on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for special offers. You can also find coupons and current specials on our website.