Instructions and requirements are below. Incomplete or incorrect applications cannot be considered. We’re happy to answer any questions you have—just send us a note and we’ll typically reply within 48 hours.
Ambient Edge is a top-rated air conditioning, heating & plumbing company serving Las Vegas and surrounding communities in Nevada and Arizona. A large part of our work involves removing contaminants from a home’s air or its water supply—including many contaminants that are known to cause cancer. In addition, many of us at Ambient Edge have been affected by cancer personally. We have seen coworkers; family members and treasured friends face this dangerous disease.
That’s why we’ve created the Ambient Edge Scholarship for Students Affected by Cancer. Our goal is simple: we want to help high-achieving students who have dealt with—or are still dealing with—cancer in any form. The scholarship will grant $1,000 to one talented, hard-working student to help them reach their dreams.
We understand that there are many ways for cancer to affect a life. Our scholarship is open to students who have been diagnosed with cancer themselves, as well as those who have stood by a loved one. Survivors, current cancer patients, and the allies of patients and survivors are welcome to apply. A single case of cancer can impact whole families or friend groups—often for years to come. We want to recognize this breadth of experience in our scholarship.
Our hope is that this scholarship will help a student overcome the unique challenges they’ve faced, and turn at least some small part of their cancer experience into a source of strength.
- You must be currently enrolled in, or were accepted to, an accredited college/university in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome, as are incoming first-year students.
- Your GPA is 3.0 or higher.
- You are either a current/former cancer patient, or have stood by a loved one who was diagnosed with cancer.
- You must submit a copy of your transcript, along with your application and essay (see below) using the form on this page.
Deadline for Applications: June 15, 2023
Please fill out the form on this page along with the following information:
- A copy of your current college/university transcript. Unofficial copies are fine. If you are an incoming first-year student, you may attach a transcript from your high school (or other most recent school) instead.
- You must attach a 500-1,000 word essay on the following topic:
How did your experience with cancer change the way you look at your own life or the world around you? Did it affect your goals, or change the way you want to live your life? And how are you living up to that or pursuing those goals today? Tell us how your personal experience has shaped your broader approach to life, the people around you, and/or your career goals.
The winner of the 2023 Ambient Edge Scholarship for Students Affected by Cancer will be announced in summer 2023.
Deadline & Instructions
You must submit your full application—with all required attachments—in order to be considered. You must submit the application using the form on this page. Your complete application must be received no later than June 15, 2023.
We cannot consider applications that fail to meet these requirements.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
This scholarship is open only to undergraduate and post-graduate students at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. You must be scheduled to enroll in classes within one academic year of the deadline for the scholarship. Winners will be determined by a committee of our choosing, and the decision of the committee is final. We are not responsible for technical issues that cause an application not to be received by the deadline.
We will notify the winner within 60 days of the scholarship. After notifying the winner, we notify all applicants of their status.
This is an equal opportunity for all eligible applicants. The choice of the winner will be based on the essay and meeting the scholarship requirements. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, national origin or any other protected status.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Ambient Edge
- Past recipients of the Students Affected by Cancer Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Ambient Edge if he/she were to be awarded to scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
We don’t sell or share your information. However, we will announce the winner by name. We may also choose to share or publish the winning essay—or an excerpt—online or in other media.
We regret that, for legal reasons, we are unable to accept calls, emails, or other communication regarding the scholarship, or answer any questions, other than those submitted here. All the necessary details about this scholarship can be found above. We will make sure to contact you in case we need any further information.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.