Whether you have a newer furnace or several years old, a tune-up is important to keep it performing its best. It is ideal to have your annual tune-up before the cold season hits, but after a winter of using your furnace, a tune-up can ensure it is ready for the following year and allow you time to repair or replace anything not working correctly. No one wants to realize their heating system is non-functional when they need it or it becomes an emergency expense.
Most homeowners understand how important it is to call professionals for a heating repair when their system is not functioning properly, but they usually may not realize how furnace maintenance can be beneficial for the performance of their systems over time. The professional heating technicians at Ambient Edge can perform a Laughlin furnace tune-up to ensure your home is comfortable and warm when it matters most. Reach out to our air conditioning repair company in Laughlin, NV, today for more information on how we can help.
What does a Professional Furnace Tune-Up Include?
A vehicle requires regular tune-ups to protect it from normal wear and tear, keeping it running at its best. The same furnace maintenance is needed for all its moving parts. So, what does a furnace tune-up include?
- Wiring inspection and adjustment. Our technicians will check connections and tighten wires to help prevent possible malfunctions or the need for expensive furnace maintenance or repairs.
- Blower compartment cleaning. Heating systems continually draw in airborne dust and dirt. A blower wheel with accumulated dirt can contribute to higher energy costs since it works less efficiently.
- Burner adjustment. Adjusting and cleaning the furnace’s burners maximizes the efficiency of the furnace.
- Cleaning or replacement of the indoor air filter. A clean air filter affects both the indoor air quality and the efficiency of your furnace. Regular cleaning or replacement of the air filter is crucial for keeping your furnace running at its best.
- Inspection of the flame operation, gas pressure, and heat exchanger. Our technicians inspect these components to ensure no safety hazards are present.
- Checking the airflow and duct connections. Your furnace’s performance is checked by ensuring the air is properly flowing through your heating system as well as throughout the house.
- Pilot light or igniter inspection to ensure proper functioning.
- Additional efficiency and safety checks. To help ensure you are wasting the least amount of energy and money, our technicians will check that your furnace is running at its highest efficiency. We check for any leaks, including carbon monoxide, that can create tremendous dangers for your family.
Are Furnace Tune-Ups Really Necessary?
Keeping a furnace in its best shape is the easiest way to prolong its life span and ensure you keep it at its greatest efficiency possible. Without an annual tune-up, an older heater system is more apt to lose efficiency quickly and has a larger risk of failure, especially during the months when the weather is coldest, and it is being used the most. A professional technician performing your furnace tune-up will help protect your heating system so you can worry less about pending breakdowns, high heating expenses, or replacing your heating system in the near future.
If your furnace has been working well for several years, you may be wondering if it is even necessary to have a tune-up. Heating systems face normal wear and tear when they are used throughout the winter season. This wear and tear does not generally cause a mechanical breakdown of the heating system but can affect its efficiency.
A furnace that runs inefficiently can lead to unnecessarily expensive heating bills. The best way to ensure your heating bills stay as consistent and low as possible is to schedule an annual furnace tune-up to have a professional clean and check your system. A tune-up from Ambient Edge can reverse the effect of wear and tear and correct the efficiency losses that occur with yearly use to help restore your system to its top performance.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in Laughlin NV? Call (928) 263-8698 to Schedule Service
What Should Be Done Between Tune-Ups?
Professional tune-ups are essential to keeping your furnace running efficiently. There are several maintenance tasks we suggest you perform in between tune-ups to keep your heating system in good shape. We recommend the following:
- Keeping the area near your furnace clean and clutter-free
- Regularly changing air filters
- Regularly checking thermostat settings
- Cleaning and inspecting ducts and vents where possible
- Monitoring your carbon dioxide detectors
Sometimes, homeowners cannot maintain regular cleaning and inspections of their heating systems on their own. A professional technician can come to your home to clean and inspect your heating system between annual tune-ups. Our full-service HVAC technicians can handle your needs, no matter how big or small.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Laughlin NV
When Should a Furnace Tune-Up Be Scheduled?
Typically, we suggest a tune-up be performed on your furnace each year. This ensures its optimal performance and catches any possible issues before they turn into big problems. Since furnaces see their most use during the colder months, we suggest you schedule your annual tune-up prior to the winter season.
Having a professional technician tune up and look over your furnace before the colder temperatures arrive can help ensure it is prepared for the increased workload. Tune-ups before the winter help to avoid breakdowns and efficiency issues when you need your furnace the most. We also suggest having a tune-up performed within a year of installing a new furnace.
During a tune-up, your technician can identify issues related to installation and ensure the new unit is functioning efficiently and correctly. If, within the first year of a new installation, or if the furnace is several years old, you notice strange noises, a drop in heating efficiency, or have experienced other performance issues, a tune-up should be scheduled promptly. Regardless of the season, a furnace tune-up can help prevent unnecessary expenses and possible damage.
Schedule Your Laughlin Furnace Tune-Up Today
A furnace that has been well-maintained will provide you with a longer-lasting heating system. It is worth protecting your investment since most families find that a heater is one of their more expensive home purchases. Contact Ambient Edge by calling or filling out our easy online form to schedule your tune-up today.