When it’s wintertime in Henderson, you do not want to be without heat—especially when the cold desert nights plunge down near-freezing temperatures. Every home in Henderson relies on its heating system to stay cozy, but those systems can fail, or wear out over time. What is the best way to keep your furnace running? Routine maintenance and an annual tune-up.
Ambient Edge is your friendly Henderson heating service and maintenance company. We offer five-star service, affordable prices, and NATE-certified professionals who show up on time. Our services include:
- Annual tune-ups for any heater or furnace
- Preventative maintenance
- 24/7 emergency heating system repairs
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We can take regular maintenance off your hands or show up and fix your heater when you need it most. Let us show you the difference that five-star service makes. Contact us at 702-723-4704 or fill out the form to the right and get your service call today.
How often does a heating system need maintenance in Henderson?
Heaters and furnaces are like cars—they need regular TLC in order to perform at their best, and a little bit of routine maintenance can prevent major problems from ever happening. Our recommendation is to give your home heating system a tune-up once per year.
There are a few advantages to the once a year rule:
- Your heating system never goes through more than one full heating season without getting an inspection
- Small problems don’t have time to turn into big problems
- Annual maintenance helps you keep energy costs low and heating efficiency high
In other words, it’s not just good for your furnace, it’s good for your comfort—and your home heating costs.
What’s included in a heating system tune-up?
At Ambient Edge, our job is to take annoying home maintenance off your plate and make your life easier. That’s why we offer full-service tune-ups at affordable prices. Each tune-up starts with a visit from our NATE-certified specialists. Here are the steps we take:
- Inspecting your system. Over time, heating systems can suffer from anything from leaks to rust and corrosion. These problems can be obvious, or they can be well hidden—until they become a major issue. Our professionals will inspect every part of your system and identify any problem spots or excessive wear and tear, and get it in top shape again.
- Checking all heating components. Burners and heating elements are the places where a furnace is most likely to suffer serious problems. We check them over and adjust them not only for efficiency, but to make sure you and your home are safe.
In most cases these tune-ups are relatively short. But they save you from doing hours of maintenance on your own—and they often prevent costly future repairs.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 928-433-2979 to Schedule Service
What types of furnaces/heating systems do you work on?
We work on all types of heating systems. We hire only highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified specialists, and we provide ongoing training so that all of our technical specialists are at the top of their game. This is true across virtually every make, model and type of heater.
The most common types of heating systems we get called about include:
- Electric forced-air systems
- Gas forced-air systems
- Fuel oil furnaces
- Propane heating systems
- Radiant heating systems (floors or wall panels)
- Electric baseboards
- Heat pump systems
We also welcome questions. If you have an unusual configuration or are working with a different kind of system, chances are we already have experience with that same kind of setup—and know how to help. You can call us any time, night or day, and be connected with our on-call team. We’re happy to answer questions, tell you what we can do, and help you decide if you need a service call.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Henderson NV and Las Vegas NV
My heat won’t turn on! What should I do?
This is the kind of problem that will usually need a professional—and fast. But there are a few things you can check first on your own.
The best steps to take depend on whether the problem:
- The heater won’t turn on at all, or
- The heater comes on, but only cool air comes out of the vent
If you’re getting cool air, the first thing to do is check the thermostat. Make sure it wasn’t set to “fan” (or even AC) by mistake. You can also check the individual vents to make sure they are in the “open” position. Sometimes, your ducts may also have a damper or open/shut level to cut off the flow of heat to part of the home, so it doesn’t hurt to follow your ducts and look for anything like this.
If the problem isn’t one of these, you need to call a professional. There’s a good chance that the burner or electric heating element is out, and this will need to be fixed immediately.
If the heat won’t turn at all, there are a few things to check. Again, start by looking at the thermostat, and consider changing its batteries as well. If that’s not the problem, try these steps:
- Check that the furnace’s circuit didn’t get tripped in your circuit breaker box
- For a gas furnace, make sure the gas line leading to it is in the “open” position
- Check the pilot light on a gas furnace and, if needed, follow the steps in your system’s manual to re-ignite the pilot light.
Always be careful trying DIY steps on a heating system. Follow any steps in the manual, especially safety instructions.
If these simple fixes don’t solve the problem, the most likely answer is that a component has worn out. Call a professional—the heat is not likely to come back on until the part is replaced.
At Ambient Edge, we offer fast, effective repairs and we’re available 24 hours a day. All of our work is backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Talk to a Henderson Heating & Furnace Specialist
You don’t need to go a single day without heat. Let Ambient Edge give you an annual tune-up or repair your heating problem ASAP. Call us at 702-723-4704 or fill out the form to your right and speak with one of our service experts today.