Your air duct system moves air throughout your house. When it isn’t working properly, it creates wasted energy and inaccurate temperature settings in key parts of your home. It also makes your furnace or AC unit work harder, resulting in increased energy usage and the risk of a costly breakdown.
If you’re dealing with high energy bills or heating/AC “dead spots” in your home, it’s time to call a professional air duct cleaning, sealing, and repair company in Kingman. Our team of air conditioning experts can evaluate your existing duct system and identify cost-effective solutions.
What Are the Most Common Ductwork Efficiency Problems?
Any home can have a ductwork issue, and you can often tell if yours is one of them. Any time you notice one part of your house is much hotter or colder than other parts, there’s a high chance that your ducts are to blame. You may also detect musty odors or the smell of stale air in parts of your home, which can trigger flare-ups in allergies or asthma.
However, not all ductwork problems are the same. Here are the most common issues we see with ductwork in customers’ homes:
- Duct leakage: When air escapes your duct before it reaches its intended destination, that can make some parts of your home overly hot or cold while other rooms get very little airflow. This forces your furnace or air conditioning unit to work harder, longer. Thankfully, most duct leakage problems can be addressed with simple sealing solutions, but finding those leaks can be a challenge.
- Under-insulated ducts: Your ducts often have insulation to keep air from escaping. When insulation is not installed correctly or you are missing insulation, that forces your system to heat or cool the ductwork before it can heat or cool your room. You don’t get much use out of heating and cooling systems if the air doesn’t ever reach the rooms of your home! An insulation installation company can check for leaks.
- Unbalanced airflow: Register locations can have a profound effect on how well your ducts function. When you don’t have the right balance, that creates inefficiencies. Moving registers can be a bigger project, but it may be worth it for some homeowners. In some cases, simply adding a few registers or changing damper settings is enough to make a difference.
- Poorly designed duct systems: In some situations, your entire duct system may be created in a way that makes your airflow systems work much harder than they need to. Our pros can suggest an alternative design that will minimize energy costs over time – and give you a comprehensive estimate.
Each of these issues can be addressed completely by the team at Ambient Edge. Our experts do thorough testing to determine where problems are located and take action to address the issue. We will work with you to develop the best solution to get the most return out of your investment in your home.
Why Do I Need to Clean My Air Ducts?
Cleaning your air ducts simply helps them run better. That means that your heating and cooling system will not have to work as hard to control the temperature in your home. Our air duct cleaning services in Kingman can result in decreased energy costs and ensuring that your equipment lasts longer.
When dust and debris build up in the ductwork, it can also decrease the overall clean air in your home. That means that those with allergies will suffer. You can even develop breathing problems if the issue becomes very bad. Family members with existing respiratory conditions will often find substantial relief once the ducts are cleaned.
Need HVAC Replacement or Repair in NV or AZ? Call 888-628-5890 to Schedule Service
How Often Should I Clean My Ducts?
Cleaning your ducts regularly will improve the air quality in your home. You don’t want to recognize the signs that it’s time to get your ducts cleaned after it’s too late. Most homeowners should plan on cleaning out their ducts every five to ten years. But you may want to do it more often if:
- You have pets in your home
- You have a large family
- You have done home renovation recently
- Anyone in your home has allergies or breathing conditions
- Anyone smokes in the home
We offer a duct maintenance plan that includes regular servicing and cleaning – and makes it as cost-effective as possible. If you want to put cleaning your home’s air ducts on autopilot, using our routine maintenance program may be a great option for you.
Contact Us for HVAC Service in Kingman AZ and Las Vegas NV
Is Getting Your Air Ducts Cleaned Worth the Price?
In the long run, having a professional clean your air ducts is absolutely worth it. The first concern about unclean ducts is health. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, pollutants harming your indoor air quality can be just as dangerous for your health, if not more, than outdoor pollutants.
Clean air ducts means less dust and mold entering the air inside your house and your lungs. Clean air ducts are also cost-effective. When your air ducts aren’t clogged by dirt and debris, then your HVAC system runs more efficiently, decreasing your utility bills.
With your body and your wallet in mind, duct cleaning is worth the money. Don’t let your ducts collect dust just because you’re worried about saving cash.
Can I Seal My Air Ducts Myself?
While you can technically seal your air ducts yourself, it can be very difficult without the help of a professional. You need to find your ducts in the first place–they can be behind walls, in your ceiling, and in your attic or basement. An air duct sealing technician in Kingman will know how to locate them.
Knowing what to do once you find your ducts can also be difficult. While there are tutorials on the internet, they don’t make up for years of experience sealing air ducts in Kingman. Trying to seal your ducts yourself can result in an imperfect seal or even an accident while trying to reach an out-of-the-way duct.
Our professionals know what to do to stop a leak, even in hard-to-reach ducts. We have tools and techniques that put our duct-sealing services a step above a DIY project. Learn where your ducts are and get top-notch sealing service by calling one of our air duct technicians.
How Does Air Duct Sealing Work?
When your air ducts are sealed properly, your airflow system works better. Significant gaps and holes are easier to spot and address, but the smaller holes are more of a challenge. These holes can appear due to corrosion or because there are gaps between joints or in the connection to registers in your rooms.
Even though these holes are small, they can add up in terms of energy efficiency problems. In fact, the average home loses between 30 and 40% of the air from their furnace or air conditioning before it gets to the intended room due to duct leakage.
Our specialists will use an air pressure system to detect tiny holes in your duct system. We can then address these holes or gaps by making repairs, replacing portions of your ductwork, filling in gaps, or using other sealing methods. These minor repairs can help your energy efficiency levels a great deal.
Talk to a Kingman Air Duct Cleaning, Sealing, and Repair Expert Today
You don’t have to put up with temperature control issues or poor air quality in your home. Make the call to the Kingman air duct cleaning, sealing, and repair pros at Ambient Edge. Our goal with every job is to give you the most savings with the least cost. And all our services are backed with 15 years of experience and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Contact us or fill out the form to your right and speak with one of our service experts today.