We don’t think about our air conditioning very often. And that’s how it should be. When it works, air conditioning should work quietly in the background to keep you and your household cool in the worst of the summer heat. But even the best-maintained system breaks down sometimes. And in the high summer heat of the Nevada desert, even a short loss of air conditioning can be more than just inconvenient–it can be dangerous. When you’re experiencing air conditioning problems, you need timely and effective repairs. You need Ambient Edge.
We offer the following services:
- AC unit repair and maintenance
- 24/7 emergency service
- Flat-rate estimates with no hidden fees
- NATE-certified technicians
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Ambient Edge is your local top-rated air conditioning repair company in North Las Vegas. At Ambient Edge, we base our company on quality customer service. Our experienced, on-time, NATE-certified technicians are here to save you time and money on your air conditioning needs. And with our 15 years of industry experience, we’re happy to back all our work with a 100% guarantee. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our air conditioning service experts today.
for North Las Vegas, NV
Great Service and an excellent technician
Richard - North Las Vegas, NV
Josh was punctual. polite and knows what has to be done. What more can you ask for? Price of yearly checkup plan is fair and you get your moneys worth. After dealing with other AC and heating companies I am glad to say I have found a company and tech that pleases me.
KIM - North Las Vegas, NV
Swan - North Las Vegas, NV
He only charged me for the service call charge but I would have never known. He showed me how to fix the problem and on top of that he is a Dead Head which I’m all about and a world famous artist. Lucky to to meet him😎
GROSS - North Las Vegas, NV
Joshua was excellent "people person", a pleasure to talk with and an outstanding technician.
Guerrero - North Las Vegas, NV
1/15/21- upon arrival found circuit breaker for EF off. When checking electrical found all checked good except no power at the switch, even when turning circuit breaker on. Believe the circuit breaker to have failed and is not passing power, did not see any breaks or junction boxes. Unable to confirm if motor is operational would need proper voltage going to roof. Put in quote for repair
1/15/2020- upon arrival found unit operating properly but drain pan, drain line frozen with ice build up on suction line and metering device. Had to defrost line and unit and found drain line was not pitched properly and was running up hill unable to drain: able to adjust properly for time being. Found drain line extremely plugged and clogged was able to clear and now drain properly draining. While on site also found multiple issues and will be putting in quotes for repair. Unit currently operating as designed.
Unit currently not heating. Found that the unit has a bad inducer motor, spark box and pilot assembly...the inducer motor is seized and will no longer spin. This is causing the sparked and gas valve not to be energized. When sparkler is energized it doesnâ€™t spark properly due to bad sparkler box and pilot assembly. I canâ€™t fully diagnose the system until these repairs are made. More quotes may follow. MOD: Rafael
I performed the heating maintenance on the split system. The inducer motor does have high amps but is in tolerance. All other checks were good
I performed the heating maintenance on 2 split systems. Both units are working properly at this time. I recommend our EAP maintenance plan
I performed the heating maintenance on the split system. Unit is very clean and is working properly at this time.
11/20/2020- performed fall Pm on 2 Bryant split system gas furnaces. Unit is currently operating as designed with no issues. Recommend safety enhancement for float switches on secondary drain pan. Also recommended EAP membership. When inspecting condensing units found one disconnect broken from a previous electrical issue and hardwired to operate advised customer this is a temporary fix and would need to be repaired to bring it back to code. Maintenance complete
Replaced board and tested the unit. System is working properly at this time
Repairs were made and I tested the unit. The system is working properly at this time
Upon arrival I found the thermostat blank. I inspected the unit and found no power supplied. I checked the breaker box and they were all in the on position. I determined that the power to the entire house has been shut off. Nothing will work without electricity. I do recommend replacing the outdated thermostat once power is turned on again
Three Signs Your AC Needs Repairs
When do you know your AC needs repairs? The short answer is: whenever something out of the ordinary happens with your AC. If you’re unsure whether the problem is with your AC, it’s never a bad idea to call a professional for advice. At Ambient Edge, we want to give you the knowledge you need to make the best decisions for your home. That’s why we offer 24/7 live, emergency service to all our customers.
There are a few signs that we’ve seen a lot in our 15 years of service. Here are three of the most common signs your AC needs repairs:
- Your AC doesn’t turn on. The most obvious sign you need repairs is if your house has power but your AC system won’t turn on.
- Higher energy bills. The second most obvious sign is if you notice you’re paying more on energy than you used to. This is likely because your AC system is working harder to keep your house cool. Make sure your windows and doors are fully closed. If they are and your bills are still going up, there is probably a more serious issue with your AC unit or ductwork.
- Your AC is loud. Loud noises from your AC aren’t just annoying. They can signal major issues with your air conditioning system. Modern AC systems are designed to work with minimal sound. If you hear a knocking, clunking, or rattling sound coming from your AC unit or ductwork, it could be a sign of a leak in moisture or refrigerant. This can cause your AC to work harder than it needs to and lead to bigger issues in the future.
This list isn’t comprehensive—it’s only the most common signs your AC needs repairs. But it’s a good rule of thumb to get professional advice whenever your AC system does something it didn’t used to do.
Can I save money by repairing my AC myself?
Yes, in some instances. There are a few simple fixes any homeowner can try before calling for professional help. And an experienced do-it-yourselfer can sometimes save a little money by repairing an AC unit themselves. But even the most knowledgeable homeowner can miss the little signs of wear and tear that signal larger issues down the road. And missing those signs can mean paying more money in the long run when those little issues turn into big, costly repair jobs.
Here are some of the do-it-yourself AC fixes any homeowner can try:
- Make sure ducts and vents are unblocked. Sometimes your AC is turned on, but your house isn’t warming up or warming evenly. This could be caused by a blockage of airflow from the ducts and vents in your home. Check to see if the air ducts and vents aren’t blocked by objects or furniture. Dirt or debris from outside can also clog up the compressor unit, so make sure to check that the area around your compressor is clear as well.
- Make sure your thermostat is turned on. It can be easy to miss, but a brief loss of power can sometimes reset your thermostat. Make sure your thermostat is working, turned on and set to your desired temperature.
- Check that there is power to the house. If your AC is not turning on, it could be because it isn’t getting power. This can be easy to miss during the day when the lights are off. Try turning a light or appliance on. If it doesn’t start up, check with your power company or city officials to see if there’s a power outage in the area.
- Check the fuse box. If there isn’t a power outage in the area, but your AC isn’t turning on, it may be because your circuit breaker was tripped. Try resetting the circuit breaker to see if the AC turns on again. If this is a recurring problem, call an air conditioning professional immediately. It could indicate major problems with your AC unit.
- Check the air handler’s disconnect switch. The air handler is a fan unit located where the air enters your home, usually in the attic or garage. Some air handler’s have a disconnect switch that can be activated by things moving nearby. Make sure the disconnect switch is on.
These steps can help solve many day-to-day issues with air conditioners, but sometimes the problem is more severe. Further fixes often require working with delicate parts or high levels of voltage calling for a skilled professional. At Ambient Edge, we only work with seasoned industry experts with the experience and training to handle any AC issue. And with their ongoing training, they are up to date on nearly all AC units on the market.
How fast can you get here in an emergency?
We are FAST! We know emergencies don’t wait for business hours. At Ambient Edge, we believe no one should have to wait in the heat for repairs. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency live assistance and repair services to all our customers. We’ll arrive within a few hours to identify and fix your AC issues quickly–often quick enough to complete all repairs before the competition could have even arrived.
How can we get there so fast?
- We’re local. We’re based in Las Vegas and have fully equipped branch offices throughout the surrounding area. Because we know the North Las Vegas area and our technicians keep most parts on hand, we arrive quickly and can often finish repairs in one service call.
- We’re on call. We don’t keep a skeleton crew overnight. No matter when your AC experiences issues, we’ll have a full staff of on-call repair experts ready to
- We’re experts. All our service technicians are highly trained, NATE-certified industry experts. And because we see NATE-certification as only the beginning, we require our technicians to take part in ongoing training. This means they are always up-to-date on the most recent AC units on the market. With their training and experience, they can identify the issues facing your AC and fix them efficiently–often in the same visit.
Not sure if your AC problems are an emergency? Give us a call. We want to help you make the best decisions for your household and your wallet. That’s why our AC repair experts are always on the line to answer your questions. If you think your air conditioner needs repairs–either soon or immediately–call Ambient Edge to talk to one of our AC repair specialists today.
Talk to an AC Repair Expert Today
When your air conditioner stops working, don’t let the heat get to you. Ambient Edge is here to give you the top-rated service you deserve. 100% guarantee on every repair. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our service experts today.