We don’t think about our air conditioning very often. And that’s how it should be. When it works, air conditioning should work quietly in the background to keep you and your household cool in the worst of the summer heat. But even the best-maintained system breaks down sometimes. And in the high summer heat of the Nevada desert, even a short loss of air conditioning can be more than just inconvenient–it can be dangerous. When you’re experiencing air conditioning problems, you need timely and effective repairs. You need Ambient Edge.
We offer the following services:
- AC unit repair and maintenance
- 24/7 emergency service
- Flat-rate estimates with no hidden fees
- NATE-certified technicians
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Ambient Edge is your local top-rated air conditioning repair company in North Las Vegas. At Ambient Edge, we base our company on quality customer service. Our experienced, on-time, NATE-certified technicians are here to save you time and money on your air conditioning needs. And with our 15 years of industry experience, we’re happy to back all our work with a 100% guarantee. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our air conditioning service experts today.
for North Las Vegas, NV
Swan - North Las Vegas, NV
He only charged me for the service call charge but I would have never known. He showed me how to fix the problem and on top of that he is a Dead Head which I’m all about and a world famous artist. Lucky to to meet him😎
GROSS - North Las Vegas, NV
Joshua was excellent "people person", a pleasure to talk with and an outstanding technician.
Guerrero - North Las Vegas, NV
Completed an equipment assessment form for all units on site. MOD: Esau D.
9/14/2020- recovered refrigerant from circuit 1(A) replaced faulty high pressure switch and filter drier. Checked for leaks found none, vacuumed system to 500 microns. Recharged with R410A refrigerant to factory charge. Tested unit, currently operating as designed. No charge install warranty.
I performed the cooling maintenance on 2 split systems. Both condensers were extremely dirty. The downstairs dual capacitor was in tolerance but was getting low. I recommend replacing the capacitor and the EAP. Customer didnâ€™t want it at this time
Supply and install new Exhaust fan ( Replacement quote being requested per Gabe) Existin unit : Dayton MN4YYTO SN: 107038750612 Replaced exhaust fan, installed new liquid tight to motor from switch disconnect. Checked amps and airflow. Adjust to 8.9/134 for 120v motor.
Upon arrival found that that the thermostat wasnâ€™t programmed properly. It was set up for 1 stage cooling so it was only bringing the 1st stage of cooling. The second stage was never energizing so the unit was only running at half of its capacity. I programmed the thermostat for 2 stage cooling and tested the unit. Thermostat is now bringing in both stages of cooling and cooling properly. This visit is covered under our service warranty. No charge for visit l. (Bill install) MOD: Rolli S.
Upon arrival found that the unit was only calling for 1 stage of cooling and there was only a 14 degree temperature split. I temporarily fixed the unit so that it will bring in both stages of cooling. Now the unit is producing a 23 degree temperature split. I donâ€™t currently have access to the thermostat to inspect it. I will be scheduling a follow up visit to inspect thermostat and test unit during the day so I can inspect the unit when there is a larger heat load...unit is currently cooling. This visit is covered under our service warranty. No charge for visit. MOD: Laura M. (Bill install)
Quote to repair leak on RTU#2. I repaired the leak in the copper line and replaced the filter dryer. I did a nitrogen pressure test and pulled a vacuum. Added the refrigerant and tested the unit. The system is working properly at this time Lisa S
9/3/2020- upon arrival found condenser fan motors, and blower motor operational. After further investigation found on circuit 1 the high pressure switch failed open, was able to get switch to close but it will need to be replaced. High pressure switch may fail before replacement arrives. When testing unit had to adjust blower motor mount for proper tension. Also found condenser coil extremely plugged, was able to wash coil with water. Retested unit Found circuit slightly over charged by approximately 1 pound, recovered and retested unit. Installed 60 amp fused disconnect. Putting in parts order sheet for high pressure switch, unit currently operating. 2 techs, bill install
Quote to replace prodigy board on RTU#2. I replaced the prodigy board and the display came back on. The system would try to run and then instantly shut down. I found that a nail had punctured the refrigerant line and leaked out all of the refrigerant. Need to quote to repair the line and replace the refrigerant Esau D
Upon arrival I found both units running. I power cycled the unit and tested them. Both units are working properly at this time Esau D
Three Signs Your AC Needs Repairs
When do you know your AC needs repairs? The short answer is: whenever something out of the ordinary happens with your AC. If you’re unsure whether the problem is with your AC, it’s never a bad idea to call a professional for advice. At Ambient Edge, we want to give you the knowledge you need to make the best decisions for your home. That’s why we offer 24/7 live, emergency service to all our customers.
There are a few signs that we’ve seen a lot in our 15 years of service. Here are three of the most common signs your AC needs repairs:
- Your AC doesn’t turn on. The most obvious sign you need repairs is if your house has power but your AC system won’t turn on.
- Higher energy bills. The second most obvious sign is if you notice you’re paying more on energy than you used to. This is likely because your AC system is working harder to keep your house cool. Make sure your windows and doors are fully closed. If they are and your bills are still going up, there is probably a more serious issue with your AC unit or ductwork.
- Your AC is loud. Loud noises from your AC aren’t just annoying. They can signal major issues with your air conditioning system. Modern AC systems are designed to work with minimal sound. If you hear a knocking, clunking, or rattling sound coming from your AC unit or ductwork, it could be a sign of a leak in moisture or refrigerant. This can cause your AC to work harder than it needs to and lead to bigger issues in the future.
This list isn’t comprehensive—it’s only the most common signs your AC needs repairs. But it’s a good rule of thumb to get professional advice whenever your AC system does something it didn’t used to do.
Can I save money by repairing my AC myself?
Yes, in some instances. There are a few simple fixes any homeowner can try before calling for professional help. And an experienced do-it-yourselfer can sometimes save a little money by repairing an AC unit themselves. But even the most knowledgeable homeowner can miss the little signs of wear and tear that signal larger issues down the road. And missing those signs can mean paying more money in the long run when those little issues turn into big, costly repair jobs.
Here are some of the do-it-yourself AC fixes any homeowner can try:
- Make sure ducts and vents are unblocked. Sometimes your AC is turned on, but your house isn’t warming up or warming evenly. This could be caused by a blockage of airflow from the ducts and vents in your home. Check to see if the air ducts and vents aren’t blocked by objects or furniture. Dirt or debris from outside can also clog up the compressor unit, so make sure to check that the area around your compressor is clear as well.
- Make sure your thermostat is turned on. It can be easy to miss, but a brief loss of power can sometimes reset your thermostat. Make sure your thermostat is working, turned on and set to your desired temperature.
- Check that there is power to the house. If your AC is not turning on, it could be because it isn’t getting power. This can be easy to miss during the day when the lights are off. Try turning a light or appliance on. If it doesn’t start up, check with your power company or city officials to see if there’s a power outage in the area.
- Check the fuse box. If there isn’t a power outage in the area, but your AC isn’t turning on, it may be because your circuit breaker was tripped. Try resetting the circuit breaker to see if the AC turns on again. If this is a recurring problem, call an air conditioning professional immediately. It could indicate major problems with your AC unit.
- Check the air handler’s disconnect switch. The air handler is a fan unit located where the air enters your home, usually in the attic or garage. Some air handler’s have a disconnect switch that can be activated by things moving nearby. Make sure the disconnect switch is on.
These steps can help solve many day-to-day issues with air conditioners, but sometimes the problem is more severe. Further fixes often require working with delicate parts or high levels of voltage calling for a skilled professional. At Ambient Edge, we only work with seasoned industry experts with the experience and training to handle any AC issue. And with their ongoing training, they are up to date on nearly all AC units on the market.
How fast can you get here in an emergency?
We are FAST! We know emergencies don’t wait for business hours. At Ambient Edge, we believe no one should have to wait in the heat for repairs. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency live assistance and repair services to all our customers. We’ll arrive within a few hours to identify and fix your AC issues quickly–often quick enough to complete all repairs before the competition could have even arrived.
How can we get there so fast?
- We’re local. We’re based in Las Vegas and have fully equipped branch offices throughout the surrounding area. Because we know the North Las Vegas area and our technicians keep most parts on hand, we arrive quickly and can often finish repairs in one service call.
- We’re on call. We don’t keep a skeleton crew overnight. No matter when your AC experiences issues, we’ll have a full staff of on-call repair experts ready to
- We’re experts. All our service technicians are highly trained, NATE-certified industry experts. And because we see NATE-certification as only the beginning, we require our technicians to take part in ongoing training. This means they are always up-to-date on the most recent AC units on the market. With their training and experience, they can identify the issues facing your AC and fix them efficiently–often in the same visit.
Not sure if your AC problems are an emergency? Give us a call. We want to help you make the best decisions for your household and your wallet. That’s why our AC repair experts are always on the line to answer your questions. If you think your air conditioner needs repairs–either soon or immediately–call Ambient Edge to talk to one of our AC repair specialists today.
Talk to an AC Repair Expert Today
When your air conditioner stops working, don’t let the heat get to you. Ambient Edge is here to give you the top-rated service you deserve. 100% guarantee on every repair. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our service experts today.