We don’t think about our air conditioning very often. And that’s how it should be. When it works, air conditioning should work quietly in the background to keep you and your household cool in the worst of the summer heat. But even the best-maintained system breaks down sometimes. And in the high summer heat of the Nevada desert, even a short loss of air conditioning can be more than just inconvenient–it can be dangerous. When you’re experiencing air conditioning problems, you need timely and effective repairs. You need Ambient Edge.
We offer the following services:
- AC unit repair and maintenance
- 24/7 emergency service
- Flat-rate estimates with no hidden fees
- NATE-certified technicians
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Ambient Edge is your local top-rated air conditioning repair company in North Las Vegas. At Ambient Edge, we base our company on quality customer service. Our experienced, on-time, NATE-certified technicians are here to save you time and money on your air conditioning needs. And with our 15 years of industry experience, we’re happy to back all our work with a 100% guarantee. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our air conditioning service experts today.
for North Las Vegas, NV
Maintenance check 7/30/21
Richard - North Las Vegas, NV
Young man was thorough and very courteous. He checked everything and had a few suggestions to keep AC up and working at its best. Great guy. Great company!
Dalmacio - North Las Vegas, NV
Wiley - North Las Vegas, NV
The technician was very friendly and helpful. He had our unit back up and running in a very short time.
Garage A/C/Heater combo Install
SHERI - North Las Vegas, NV
The installation process was great. I let the technicians (and electrician) do their job and the job got done seamlessly. After it was completed, he walked me through the most important facets of the installation, where the surge protector had been installed on the electrical panel, how the wall unit worked, the location of the unit outside (and the fact that it could not be bolted down because the leveling pad is not concrete---a big concern I have), how the remote is used and the warranty/guaranty paperwork included. The only concern I had was the fact that I had explained what time I would be arriving because I still live out-of-state (even called to make sure this information was included in the notes for the installation appointment) but the technician arrived at the house 2 hours before my documented arrival time. I felt really bad for the technician(s) having to wait.
quality and professionalism at its best
Keith - North Las Vegas, NV
The qualified technicians came out for my regular AC maintenance and tuneup they let me know what they do and why they do it and gave me some tips to keep my units running optimal. these guys are smart they get to the point they do their job and they're on their way but not before answering all my questions without a hitch I'm glad I found this company highly educated well professional technicians every time prices are fair and competitive to others. Highly recommend give them a call you won't be disappointed.
Great Service Man
Henderson - North Las Vegas, NV
Great Service Man. Very informative
GROSS - North Las Vegas, NV
Great Service and an excellent technician
Richard - North Las Vegas, NV
Josh was punctual. polite and knows what has to be done. What more can you ask for? Price of yearly checkup plan is fair and you get your moneys worth. After dealing with other AC and heating companies I am glad to say I have found a company and tech that pleases me.
KIM - North Las Vegas, NV
Swan - North Las Vegas, NV
He only charged me for the service call charge but I would have never known. He showed me how to fix the problem and on top of that he is a Dead Head which I’m all about and a world famous artist. Lucky to to meet him😎
Called Ken and got VM, Left a message for him to call me. Call Rodrigo and ask him which unit was blowing hot air he said Iâ€™ll Go check and get back with you. Ken called me And said that it was 200 hall the same I worked on last night. I explained to him that it had a bad compressor and that I submitted repair quote form for replacement. He stated he did not get a quote and I told him I would check on it and call him back. Call Sarah and she says that we are waiting on pricing. Called Ken back and explain to him about how prices are changing every day and we have to wait on current pricing. He said OK. Rodrigo called me back and said that the unit is not blowing hot air itâ€™s just not really cool And thereâ€™s no reason to come out since itâ€™s a bad compressor.
Found freezer breaker tripped. I checked all components for shorts and grounds/found none. Reset breaker and checked amps, pressures and temperatures/ok. Checked data plate and found that unit requires a 35 amp breaker and is only on a 15 amp breaker. Unit pulling 16 amps in freeze mode and 12 amps in defrost. Adjusted belt tension on dining hall RTU. Blower motor sheave is getting worn causing belt to chirp on start up. Customer will keep fan on constantly for now. I found a 30 amp breaker available in town. I submitted a verbal quote to customer for replacement. Restaurant manager states he has to get approval from the owner. Am billing for time use today and submitting a quote for breaker replacement. Customer states that he Credit card on file with us yesterday. Am not collecting payment COD.
Authorization #51450947. Upon inspection, technician found the TXV is causing a restriction on circuit #2. Recommend replacing. Quote approved. Arrived on site. Checked in at front desk and with maintenance. Unit is on the south side of the building at 200 hall. Performed all necessary work to replace the TXV. Recovered refrigerant from circuit #2. Removed the older TXV & filter drier. Installed a new TXV & filter dryer. Performed a nitrogen pressure test & found no leaks. Evacuated system and got 2 pounds of refrigerant to go back into system from vacuum. Started system and noticed circuit #2 compressor is pulling low amps. Unable to finish adding refrigerant charge to the unit because unit would not take more refrigerant. Found pressures were equalize on both low and high. Found the compressor is not pumping. Noticed compressor didn't burn out or have a failure. Will send in a new quote for compressor replacement. All approved quoted work is completed.
Perform summer pm
Found compressor not running on upstairs unit. Repair loose wire. Install hard start kits on 2 units. Also purchase 2 one year maintenance programs. Found all ops ok at this time
Upon inspection, technician found evaporator eaten away and needs to be replaced. Traveled to distributor and picked up new evaporator unit. New unit application low temp, also picked up new powerhead for medium temp application on new unit. Upon arrival checked in at front desk and took Covid swab test. Found system flat of refrigerant. Disconnected electrical, drain line and refrigerant lines from existing evaporator unit. Installed new power head on TXV, evaporator, reattached refrigerant lines, drain line and electrical. installed customer supplied plate on top of box because carriage bolts had small washers and weâ€™re pulling through the aluminum. Performed nitrogen pressure test and found that high-pressure switch capillary tube was leaking severely. Call supervisor for instructions on how to increase limit on invoice. Installed New low pressure switch and new high-pressure switch. Adjusted settings four medium temp use. Performed a second nitrogen test and found additional
Quote to perform PM on all 8 RTUs. Additional quotes may follow. Customer requested we do the work next week Elizabeth P Performed PM work on all 8 RTU, will quote repairs found.
Recovered charge, replaced evaporator coil, and filter drier. Performed nitrogen decay test. Evacuated system to 500 microns. Charged to factory charge. Tested unit. Unit currently running as designed.
System I was directed to was working correctly
Three Signs Your AC Needs Repairs
When do you know your AC needs repairs? The short answer is: whenever something out of the ordinary happens with your AC. If you’re unsure whether the problem is with your AC, it’s never a bad idea to call a professional for advice. At Ambient Edge, we want to give you the knowledge you need to make the best decisions for your home. That’s why we offer 24/7 live, emergency service to all our customers.
There are a few signs that we’ve seen a lot in our 15 years of service. Here are three of the most common signs your AC needs repairs:
- Your AC doesn’t turn on. The most obvious sign you need repairs is if your house has power but your AC system won’t turn on.
- Higher energy bills. The second most obvious sign is if you notice you’re paying more on energy than you used to. This is likely because your AC system is working harder to keep your house cool. Make sure your windows and doors are fully closed. If they are and your bills are still going up, there is probably a more serious issue with your AC unit or ductwork.
- Your AC is loud. Loud noises from your AC aren’t just annoying. They can signal major issues with your air conditioning system. Modern AC systems are designed to work with minimal sound. If you hear a knocking, clunking, or rattling sound coming from your AC unit or ductwork, it could be a sign of a leak in moisture or refrigerant. This can cause your AC to work harder than it needs to and lead to bigger issues in the future.
This list isn’t comprehensive—it’s only the most common signs your AC needs repairs. But it’s a good rule of thumb to get professional advice whenever your AC system does something it didn’t used to do.
Can I save money by repairing my AC myself?
Yes, in some instances. There are a few simple fixes any homeowner can try before calling for professional help. And an experienced do-it-yourselfer can sometimes save a little money by repairing an AC unit themselves. But even the most knowledgeable homeowner can miss the little signs of wear and tear that signal larger issues down the road. And missing those signs can mean paying more money in the long run when those little issues turn into big, costly repair jobs.
Here are some of the do-it-yourself AC fixes any homeowner can try:
- Make sure ducts and vents are unblocked. Sometimes your AC is turned on, but your house isn’t warming up or warming evenly. This could be caused by a blockage of airflow from the ducts and vents in your home. Check to see if the air ducts and vents aren’t blocked by objects or furniture. Dirt or debris from outside can also clog up the compressor unit, so make sure to check that the area around your compressor is clear as well.
- Make sure your thermostat is turned on. It can be easy to miss, but a brief loss of power can sometimes reset your thermostat. Make sure your thermostat is working, turned on and set to your desired temperature.
- Check that there is power to the house. If your AC is not turning on, it could be because it isn’t getting power. This can be easy to miss during the day when the lights are off. Try turning a light or appliance on. If it doesn’t start up, check with your power company or city officials to see if there’s a power outage in the area.
- Check the fuse box. If there isn’t a power outage in the area, but your AC isn’t turning on, it may be because your circuit breaker was tripped. Try resetting the circuit breaker to see if the AC turns on again. If this is a recurring problem, call an air conditioning professional immediately. It could indicate major problems with your AC unit.
- Check the air handler’s disconnect switch. The air handler is a fan unit located where the air enters your home, usually in the attic or garage. Some air handler’s have a disconnect switch that can be activated by things moving nearby. Make sure the disconnect switch is on.
These steps can help solve many day-to-day issues with air conditioners, but sometimes the problem is more severe. Further fixes often require working with delicate parts or high levels of voltage calling for a skilled professional. At Ambient Edge, we only work with seasoned industry experts with the experience and training to handle any AC issue. And with their ongoing training, they are up to date on nearly all AC units on the market.
How fast can you get here in an emergency?
We are FAST! We know emergencies don’t wait for business hours. At Ambient Edge, we believe no one should have to wait in the heat for repairs. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency live assistance and repair services to all our customers. We’ll arrive within a few hours to identify and fix your AC issues quickly–often quick enough to complete all repairs before the competition could have even arrived.
How can we get there so fast?
- We’re local. We’re based in Las Vegas and have fully equipped branch offices throughout the surrounding area. Because we know the North Las Vegas area and our technicians keep most parts on hand, we arrive quickly and can often finish repairs in one service call.
- We’re on call. We don’t keep a skeleton crew overnight. No matter when your AC experiences issues, we’ll have a full staff of on-call repair experts ready to
- We’re experts. All our service technicians are highly trained, NATE-certified industry experts. And because we see NATE-certification as only the beginning, we require our technicians to take part in ongoing training. This means they are always up-to-date on the most recent AC units on the market. With their training and experience, they can identify the issues facing your AC and fix them efficiently–often in the same visit.
Not sure if your AC problems are an emergency? Give us a call. We want to help you make the best decisions for your household and your wallet. That’s why our AC repair experts are always on the line to answer your questions. If you think your air conditioner needs repairs–either soon or immediately–call Ambient Edge to talk to one of our AC repair specialists today.
Talk to an AC Repair Expert Today
When your air conditioner stops working, don’t let the heat get to you. Ambient Edge is here to give you the top-rated service you deserve. 100% guarantee on every repair. Call us at 702-928-7201 or click the book online button to speak with one of our service experts today.